Visiting Heaven

Later that night, she stood in the middle of her empty dorm room - Lily and Lay were eating dinner along with the rest of the school - with a pitch black trench coat with a hood up over her head. She slung her backpack over her shoulders, glancing behind her before she promptly jumped out of the window. Grey wings unfurled from her back, turning pitch black as she glided down to the forest and began to weave in and out of the trees.

When she came upon a circular clearing, she landed, glancing around before a long, silver, gold, and emerald hilted sword appeared in her hand. A golden helmet with two long horns - similar to Loki's helmet - appeared on her head, her eyes pulsing bright gold as she slashed the sword in a vertical motion. A golden rip in reality formed, white mist slowly seeping out of the hole. She glanced around, rolling her shoulders before stepping through the rift.

She was immediately blinded by the bright white walls of Heaven's palace, blue crystal lining the walls as she determinedly walked down the brightly lit corridor. Abigail's golden helmet and grey wings immediately alerted several passing angels of her presence in Heaven, most of them either bowing or simply giving her a nod. As she entered the main room of Heaven with the all-white throne at the front, she was surprised to see Azrael pacing back and forth.

"Mother!" Abigail said, immediately gaining the Archangel's attention. Azrael grinned, stepping over to her and throwing her arms around her daughter. "Why aren't you on Earth?"

"I could ask you the same question!" Azrael said, her hands still on Abigail's shoulders as she looked down at her.

"I heard that you went missing, and I wanted to find you."

"How did you even get here?"

"I used...the portal?" Abigail motioned to the sword still firmly grasped in her right hand.

"Yes, but Heaven's been closed for at least a week... I'm confused as to how you were able to get in..."

"Wait, Heaven's closed? How is that possible?"

"Raphael...he chose the worst possible time to initiate his supposed plan to take down Heaven. I'm gathering troops at the moment to take him down, but we've heard that he's teaming up with Uriel. Thankfully, we still have Gabriel and Michael, but...Zachariah is still nowhere to be found."

"Do you need me to help? I'm sure I can be of assistance." Abigail offered, looking hopefully up at her mother.

"I won't allow you to help in this fight, I'm sorry. There will be a time when you are needed, but that time is not today. Just go home, hon...I'll send for you when we get the gates back open." Azrael said, watching as Abigail nodded and turned to the side.

"Love you, mom..." With that, she slashed the sword, opening up the golden glowing rift to Earth. After a final glance and smile at Azrael, she stepped through it, appearing in the same small clearing in the Forbidden Forest. Looking up at the sky, she could see the soft reds and oranges taking over the once dark sky, meaning it was morning. She sighed, letting her sword disappear in a shower of sparkles before she started the long walk back to the castle.