Charms Class

They all walked to the back of the classroom, sitting down together before getting out a piece of parchment each.

"Alright, everyone! I promised an interesting lesson today, and I hope this will be fun for you all." Professor Flitwick motioned to the chalkboard that was covered in...Norse writing. She read all of it and suddenly burst out laughing. The class, understandably, looked at her like she was crazy. "Miss Lorian, is something funny?"

"Noth...nothing, sorry mate..." She said in between laughs, having to avert her eyes from the chalkboard. It wasn't Flitwick's fault, but what was written in 'Norse' was very sexual. Like...very sexual.

"Very well...Anyway, onto the lesson! The Norse mythology states that they have thousands of gods for many different things, the main ones being Odin the AllFather, Loki the God of Mischief and Lies, and Thor the God of Thunder. They live on a planet called Asgard, which is ruled by Odin." She glanced back up at the board, biting down on her tongue to hold in her laughter. It was hilarious! There were several sex positions described in extremely descriptive detail. "This is the writing they use. Many sorcerers created complex spells and illusion work," that part piqued the Marauders' attention, but she was still busy cracking up about the board to notice, "and this is just a few of them."

Finally, she couldn't handle it and started hysterically laughing to the point where she literally fell out of the back of her chair.

"Miss Lorian! What is the matter with you today?!"

"That ain't Norse, mate!" She said, breathing heavily as she tried to calm down. At this point, tears were in her eyes.

"Oh? And what do you know about Norse?"

"More than you, apparently! That writing describes several different sex positions...I mean, bloody hell." She stood up, walking up to the front of the room to stare at the board. "Damn, you even combined a few of them!"

"Do enlighten me on how you know Norse?"

"Ah, that's none of your concern. Ya see humans had received a few books from the Norse gods as a symbol of good fortune, but the people misinterpreted them. That lead to a whole fiasco about who was right and who was wrong, but eventually, the books were burned, leading scientists to try and piece together an accurate Norse dictionary, but I see that they failed epically." She started laughing again, tears forming in her eyes out of happiness. This had literally been the happiest she had felt in weeks.

"Miss Lorian, this is inappropriate for this class!"

"Sorry, sir, but with all due respect, this is much more inappropriate than anything I'm doing."

"Fifty points from Gryffindor, sit down." She nodded, still laughing lightly as she walked back to her seat.

"What does it say?" Sirius whispered as she sat down.

"It describes how to do a few Asgardian sex moves, one called the Dine and Pine where the Lord fucks the Lady against a wall after they have dinner...Oh, gods, this is priceless." She said with a grin, shaking her head as she mentally prepared herself for this lesson.

"How do you even know Norse?" James asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"My father knows literally everything about the Norse language and the Norse gods, along with Asgardian culture. One would assume that he's lived there..." She muttered the last part, resting her chin on her palms.

"Alright, moving on. On Asgard, there are many different ranks of people. The women primarily stay in their homes while the men all train to be warriors from a very young age. They-"

"Actually, all Asgardians are trained to handle swords. In fact, the best swordsman is actually a woman. Her name is Sif." Flitwick sort of acknowledged her comment with a glance, but continued.

"Some men and I suppose women, will train to be sorcerer's or astronomers, but most choose to become royal guards."

"Actually, not a lot of people choose to be in the Royal guard. Most work as Scribes for the Allfather, some work as Star Writers - people who have learned how to turn people's bodies into constellations - and a lot end up being Gladiators." She said boredly, not even bothering to write anything down. If they had a test on this, which would be unlikely, she would flipping ace it no problem.

The rest of the class went like this - Flitwick would say something, she would interrupt with an actual answer, he would glance at her, and then continue. Finally, however, he actually asked to see her after class. So, when class finally ended, she walked up to his desk while the other Marauders went to wait outside.

"Yes, Professor?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"How do you know so much about Norse mythology, if I may ask?" She wasn't expecting that. She thought she would get detention for interrupting or something, but she wasn't complaining.

"Uhm, well, my father is an ancient historian...sort of. He quite literally has every book on Norse Mythology known to man, and a few hundred thousand that humans have never laid eyes upon. I've read almost every book."

"Would you happen to have any of these books?"

"Well...yes, I do." She finally said, reaching into her bag and pulling out one of her favorites, Swordsmanship: A Guide to Cleaning Swords (written in Norse, of course (hey that rhymed)). The cover was entirely gold, but a weightless charm had been applied to it in case any humans tried to lift it. With her godly and angelic strength, she had no trouble lifting it. "It's written entirely in Norse. If you want, I could try and get you an English translated version?"

"That would be fantastic, Miss Lorian." She nodded, smiling at him before slipping the book back into her bag and exiting the classroom. Thank the gods that this was her last class today, so she could finally go to Heaven to search for Azrael. The other Marauders still had to get through Magic History.

"What was that about?" Sirius asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Oh, he just asked how I knew so much about Norse Mythology."

"You wouldn't happen to know any...Norse spells?" James asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I do...I know just about all of them...Why?"

"You wouldn't happen to be able to lend us some, would you?"

"Mate, you wouldn't be able to get the incantations or ingredients for any of them. I highly doubt you have access to Frozen Lightning or Frost Jotun blood." She stated, walking with them towards the Magic History classroom.

"How would you even get those if they don't exist?" Sirius asked, furrowing his brow.

"If they don't exist, then how d'you think I got the spells?" She said in a sing-song voice, smirking at them as they reached the entrance to the class. Abigail merely smirked at them, giving a playful salute before sauntering off down the hallway and leaving them in a confused state.