Accidental Prank War

"You know, you should start branching out with your pranks this year," Lay stated, looking over to Abigail. Lay had been the only one that Abigail told about the whole 'Trickster' thing. The two were sitting beside each other, quietly chatting as the train started moving. Throughout the past few years, the two had gotten very close. They did the typical girl things like sharing crushes with each other and gossip about who's in a relationship with who, but they mostly planned pranks and ran down the halls of the castle at one in the morning screaming out the lyrics to every bad song from the 60s without getting caught. Needless to say, the Professors were probably thoroughly pissed at them.

"Oh yeah? Who do you suggest I start pranking?" She asked with a playful grin, her mind already running a hundred miles a minute as she began coming up with different plans. 

"I don't know...maybe the Marauders?"

"Really? I'm pretty sure that would start an all-out prank war." Abigail put an arm around Lay's shoulders, pulling the other girl closer to her. Lay was a very cuddly person - not lesbian, by the way (though that would be perfectly fine) - and coincidentally, so was Abigail.

"That would be awesome, though." Lay leaned into Abigail's side with a smile.

"It would be awesome, but I'm pretty sure the professors would have a fit. Minnie would definitely quit. It's a wonder she hasn't already." Lay laughed along with Abigail, the two going quiet as the sound of the train's wheels on the track lulled them to sleep. Lay rested her head on Abigail's shoulder, and she rested her head on top of Lay's as her eyes fluttered closed.

Behind her eyelids, her iris' glowed gold as the large library formed in her mind with complete precision. There was a lit fireplace in the front of the room with a black leather couch in front of it - complete with four fluffy pillows and two blankets. All around the room were shelves with a bunch of books on them, a name or subject written on the spine of the book. There were also a few filing cabinets around the room, each filled with files of parchment on specific things like people or animal species.

Her eyes flicked around, wandering over titles of a few of the books before one floated from the shelf into her hand. She sat down on the couch, crossing her legs as she flipped through the pages. She spent a few minutes reading through it - probably a few hours in the real world - before the whole room blinked out of existence and her eyes snapped open to see James trying to slip a stink bomb under their seat.

Her lips rose into a scowl as she promptly kicked James in the nose. He yelped in pain, holding his now bleeding nose as students around them started laughing. "You utter twat!" Lay opened her eyes at the shouting and laughing, surprised to see James on the floor of the train clutching his nose in pain.

"The bloody hell happened?" Lay asked, furrowing her brow.

"James was being an arse."

"James, what the hell are you doing?" Sirius suddenly said as he entered the train car.

"Lorian bloody kicked me in the face!" Remus walked in and rolled his eyes, extending his hand to help Potter up.

"Yeah, because you were trying to plant a stink bomb under out seat!"

"I'm sorry, but were you two cuddling?" Sirius asked with a slight smirk.

"Sirius, she kicked me!"

"James, in all fairness, you were trying to pull a prank on her," Remus said, ignoring Sirius' comment.

"I'm still wrapped up in the fact you two were cuddling."

"Oh come off it, you tosser." Abigail hissed, lifting her arm off of Lay as they scooted farther apart. Lay was known to be an award-winning shy person, so that's why Abigail usually took the lead in social conversations.

"James, come on." Remus tried to tug the two boys back to their compartment, but it wasn't successful.

"This isn't over." James hissed, finally following Sirius and Remus out of the compartment. Lay and Abigail stayed quiet for a few moments before she turned towards her friend.

"I think we just accidentally or maybe purposefully started a prank war." And James just challenged the daughter of the God of Mischief.