Chapter 3 (Promises Can Be Broken)

Leo led me down a familiar path to bunker 9 and opened the door.

"So how was school" Leo asked closing the door and coming to sit on the chair next to me.

"Okay I guess. How was working for your dad?" I asked him.

"Oh it was amazing he has such advanced technology and tools they make this bunker and the Hephaestus cabin look like safety scissors" He explained.

I laughed he always loved talking about tools and mechanics.

"I was kind of hoping we could be together again. Like you promised last summer" Leo said getting serious.

"Leo I said that last summer before we were away from each other for 9 months" I said to him.

"I missed you all those months Elise" Leo said stepping towards me.

"It was your choice Leo and besides I'm with Nico and I won't lose him again" I said stepping away.

"But you lost me" He said to me.

"Because you pushed me away" I countered.

"And now I'm reaching out again" Leo said grabbing my hand.

"Now it's my turn to push you away." I said pulling my arm away from him.

"Elise please I love you more than anything and I made a mistake letting you go I should have kept you I shouldn't have let Nico steal you away from me again" Leo said grabbing my shoulders with more force than before, sitting me down next to him.

"Leo stop!" I said to him trying to push him away.

"Not until you know how I feel" Leo said leaning in.

I uncapped Tsunami and placed it to his throat.

"Get the hell off of me!" I shouted at him pushing the dagger into his throat.

"I'm getting Nico so you two can have a lovely discussion about this little thing called boundaries" I shouted angrily at him.

"Elise I'm.." He started but I wouldn't let him finish I rushed out of bunker 9 heading to where I hoped Nico still was.

----------------------------------------

I ran to the clearing in the woods by the river and was relieved to see Nico sitting there.

"Nico!" I cried running into his arms.

"Elise what happened?" He asked surprised wrapping his arms around me.

"Leo tried to kiss me and when I tried to get away he pushed me down I had to put my sword to his throat to get him to back away" I said to him.

Nico's eyes filled with fury as Leo ran up the path from where I came.

"You little punk you're dead!" Nico yelled unsheathing his scathe.

"Oh you want to go?" Leo asked bursting into flames.

Oh no they were going to kill each other.

I texted Percy

'Please help Nico and Leo are going to kill someone come ASAP'

I saw that Percy read it and put my phone away.

"Nico don't kill him!" I pleaded.

"Why do you still have feelings for this little creep?" he asked me.

"Oh I'm the creep, says the freaking son of Hades!" Leo shouted.

"Stop! No I don't have feelings for him Nico, I just don't want you having any blood on your hands that doesn't need to be there" I said putting my hand on Nico's chest.

"Oh so just because he stops trying to kill me what makes you think I'll stop trying to kill him?" Leo asked still a flame.

"The fact that you care about me and you know I would never be able to forgive you for killing the love of my life" I spat at him.

Leo extinguished his flames but still was very mad.

I could tell I had hurt him with that last line.

"Now calm down both of you" I said to them.

Neither of them moved at all.

"I think Elise told you both to do something" I voice said sternly.

I saw Annabeth and Percy step into the clearing.

"Oh thank the gods you guys are here!" I said to them.

"Now boys does anyone want to tell me what the hell is going on?" Percy asked drawing Riptide.

Nico and Leo's expressions went from furious to terrified.

"Well Leo took Elise for a walk and tried to kiss her and true to force her to let him kiss her so she had to put her sword to his throat for him to get the message." Nico said to Percy.

Percy cocked an eyebrow.

"Leo is this true?" Percy asked.

"Yes" Leo admitted shamefully.

I saw Percy's jaw tighten then loosen.

He was ready for a fight.

"Okay then it looks like we need to have a discussion about this" Annabeth said stepping in front of her boyfriend.

"No shit we need to have a discussion" Nico said.

Annabeth gave him a death glare and he shut up.

"Okay so I think we need to set some ground rules here" Annabeth started.

"First off Leo you can't try to kiss a girl who's in a committed relationship" Annabeth said.

Leo looked ashamed.

"And because of your actions that you've showed today I find it best if you only contact Elise if she allows it" Annabeth added.

Leo looked like he wanted to object but he stayed silent.

"Now Nico you did the right thing protecting your girlfriend but I don't want to hear about anyone trying to kill each other alright?" Annabetn asked.

Nico and Leo both nodded and Annabeth relaxed.

"Good, now since we spent so much time discussing this I believe it's time for the welcome back dinner" Annabeth said.

We all nodded and headed to the dining pavilion everyone still alive.

Thanks to Annabeth.