Chapter 7 (The Challenge)

As I walked into the clearing I saw Nico pacing.

"You're late" he said in an unamused tone.

"Yeah I know I'm really sorry I got held up and I didn't have time to text you" I apologized.

I walked up to him and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"What held you up?" he asked in the same tone.

"Not exactly a what but a who" I explained and his expression changed.

"What did Valdez want" he asked in a jealous manor.

"A chance to explain" I said simply.

"And?" He asked expecting more.

"I gave it to him" I said keeping it simple.

"Jackson you know what I mean what happened what did he say don't tell me you kissed him?" He said stepping towards me.

"No I didn't kiss him. And he just ranted about how he thought I loved him and how you just moved in at a weak time and how he doesn't understand why I gave you a second chance and he didn't" I explained.

"Jack ass" He muttered.

"Hey it's fine I answered them all and now he probably won't be bothering me again" I said looking into his dark eyes.

Man Medusa was right his eyes did draw me in and I could stay lost in them forever.

"Why did you give me a second chance?" Nico asked forcing me back into reality.

"Because you gave me a reason to" I said to him.

"What reason?" He asked trying to think of what reason I might have.

"You excepted the fact Leo and I were together and you helped me save him without you we'd be dead" I said wrapping my arms around him.

"I shadow traveled E that's nothing" He said unimpressed by my reason.

"Plus you're quite the looker" I said pulling him closer.

"Looker? who says that any more" He asked.

"Me" I said kissing him on the lips.

"Wow look at that two freaks together again at last" I heard a familiar voice say.

I broke away from Nico and turned to see Bethany.

"Ugh what do you want Bethany" Nico groaned.

"I'm here for monster survival training" she said cocking her hip.

"Sorry this is a private class and I only instruct this class of the day. But I'm sure that one of the Ares campers would love to train you" Nico said obviously trying to make her leave.

"But I want you" Bethany said stepping towards Nico.

"Okay I think I should step in" I said stepping in between Nico and Bethany.

She scowled at me.

"Okay so hi I'm Elise and I'm Nico's girlfriend, the love of his life the only one for him. So if you could keep your slimy hands away from him I'd appreciate it" I said with a fake smile plastered across my face.

"You went from me to this slut?" Bethany asked Nico.

I could tell Nico wanted to say something but I wouldn't let him.

"I'm a slut? honey have you looked at yourself lately because I'm pretty sure you're like what defines a slut" I said to her.

She looked at me clearly pissed off.

"Oh do you want to start something?" She asked me stepping forward.

I uncapped Tsunami and stepped towards her.

"I would love to" I said ready to slice her head off.

"Fine then tonight at capture the flag watch your back" Bethany warned and flounced away with her hair bouncing.

"Elise don't let her get to you she's a liar and a freak I love you more than anything" He said kissing me.

"Thanks but I have to prepare I want to be ready for a fight" I said keeping my sword in my hand.

Nico sighed "Just don't kill anyone okay?" He said.

"No promises" I said walking out of the woods to train.