Chapter 27 (A Second Chance to do it Right)

As I made my way down to bunker 9 I prepared myself for what I was going to do.

When I arrived at the bunker I gave a loud knock.

"Leo are you in there?" I asked loudly.

The door opened for me and I walked in.

The first thing that I noticed was the mess that cluttered the bunker. It was normal for Leo to keep his work station some what messy, but this was just one bg hell hole.

I found Leo in the corner hammering away keeping to his self.

"Leo!" I shouted and he stop hammering and turned.

He looked surprised before he snapped "what do you want".

He was obviously still upset about my decision to go with Nico.

"I haven't heard from you in a while and I'm worried. I care about you Leo" I said moving towards him.

"Worried about me?" He asked bitterly.

I nodded staying silent.

I looked him over and my heart broke at the sight.

His curly hair was a mess on top of his head and his shirt was stained with oil and he looked well built even if he was a little scrawny. The only thing that put me of about him were his eyes his warm brown eyes were blotchy and red as if he'd been crying.

"I can tell you're not okay and locking yourself up in this cabin isn't good for you Leo" I said brushing a piece of his curly hair away from his face.

His eyes looked at me and I saw the sorrow practically dripping out of them.

"You broke my heart Elise, of course I'm not okay" he spat out venomously.

"I never meant to do this to you Leo, I do care about you a lot and seeing you like this breaks my heart" I said to him.

"You don't have to mean to do something to do it" Leo said moving away from me.

I remembered what happened last time I came down to talk to Leo, after he kissed me Nico was there.

I decided to pull out my camp cell and text him.

'Nico, I'm talking to Leo in cabin 9. Don't worry I'm just inviting him to my birthday party. I might catch up with him a little bit. I'll text you when I'm done'

I got a reply pretty quickly.

'Ok I'll see at lunch if not sooner, I love you and hope you're having a great birthday'.

After sending the text I went back to talking with Leo.

"Leo don't do this to me please I...." I started but he wouldn't let me finish.

"Elise just stop, there is nothing you could say to fix what you have done" He said clearly holding back tears.

I didn't care what Leo said I was going to fix things with him while still holding on to Nico.

"I love you Leo" I said as he started to turn away.

He looked back at me clearly surprised.

I gave him a kiss on the cheak and pulled back.

"I love you Leo, I really do" I said looking in his eyes.

"What about Nico?" he asked me.

"I love him as well" I said.

his face fell at my answer.

"I'm with him Leo so I can't be with you" I started.                                                                                                                                                                           Leo started to turn away but I stopped him.