Chapter 9 (The Game part 2)

As Nico and I ran through the forest we ran into some minor problems along the way to the red base but with our powers we quickly eliminated them.

When we got to the edge of a clearing I stopped Nico and started to grow quiet.

I looked in to see Bethany ,Leo and a bunch of other red team members on patrol of the flag.

"Well look it's out two favorite people" Nico commented sarcastically.

I smiled at him "Stay back I'm going to go in and I'll call for you if I need you okay"

"Okay" He said and I stepped out into the clearing.

"Well look who it is the slut has returned" Bethany said as she saw me walk into the clearing.

"Oh honey there's no need to announce your presents your outfit does that for you" I said to her uncapping Tsunami.

She scowled.

"Hey Elise" Leo said as he saw me.

"Hey Leo" I said fake cheery.

"We can't let you get to that flag" Leo said igniting his hang.

"Who said I was here for the flag?" so said moving towards Leo.

"Nice try Elise I know you're still with Nico" he said igniting his other hand.

"Or are you the same cheating slut as last summer?" Bethany asked me.

I was pissed but I tried to hide it behind my fake smile.

"Oh Bethany, The only way you know how to fight is with your pathetic words" I said to her.

"I could fight with a sword if I wanted to but my words are much more fun" she hissed.

"Prove it then" I hissed back.

"Fine then, Henry pass me that sword" she commanded an Apollo member to do.

He handed her the sword and she held it like it was alien technology, which to her I guess it was.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Perfectly" she said.

With that I went into my battle stance.

She swung first and I could tell the sword was way to heavy for her.

I side stepped it an parried her.

She dropped her sword and mine was against her throat.

"Yeah real natural" I said as I gave her a small scrape.

She screamed and fell to the ground crying "I'm going to die!".

I recorded it with my phone and saved it.

I saw a couple red team members snicker then return to battle stances.

I could see the flag had been taken but no one had noticed.

"Well I give up you all intimidated me so I guess I have to return in defeat" I said stepping back.

Everyone had a look of confusion on their faces and I tried to hold in my smile.

"Oh and Bethany I think you need to rinse that makeup off your face its running" I said.

I summoned a wave and it drenched her.

"Now you need to wipe it up" I said slapping her across the face.

"Call me a slut again and we'll see where it lands you" I hissed running away.

I ran through the forest and stopped when I saw Nico waiting for me with the flag.

"Come on we need to go" Nico said grabbing my hand.

Then we ran across the border together with the flag in hand.

The blue team erupted in cheers as we all celebrated our victory.

"To my little sister and Nico" Percy shouted and that earned another wave of cheers.

-----------------------------

After a little bit of celebration everyone was dismissed for the night, Nico and I went down to the beach to talk.

"I saw it all you know" Nico said as we laid down in the sand.

"Oh" I said looking up at the sky.

"Yeah you look pretty kick ass" Nico said.

"Well I guess that's good" I said blushing.

"Plus I got it on video" Nico said showing me his phone.

"Send me that" I said as I watched Bethany and I battle.

"I will I will" he laughed.

"Thanks" I said.

"So that's all you did to get back at her battle her and embarrass her in front of the red teams defense?" Nico asked.

"No I sent the video I took of her crying that she was going to die to everyone at camp and I also drenched her in sea water, so that now no matter how many showers she takes she'll smell like dead fish for about a month" I answered.

"You didn't have to Elise" he said a little frightened by what I had done.

"But I did I needed to prove that Bethany doesn't get to push me around" I said to him.

"You really didn't" be said to me.

"I did Nico I felt like I had to and now I feel better" I said.

He sighed "you don't ever have to prove anything to anyone" he said kissing me.

I kissed him back.

When we broke away I fell asleep with my head on his chest and his arms around me.
------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys!

I've never really done dedications but I thought that I'd start.

I want to dedicate this chapter to loveNicoDiAngelo.

She's been an amazing reader since the beginning of The Son of Death or The Son of Fire. She's shown her support throughout that book and throughout the start of this one.

She also has started writing her own book called Danger which is really good and you should all check it out!

I also wanted to say a big thank you to all of my readers! You're support means the world to me!

~Percabeth_Lover_HQ.