Chapter 28 (It Was Only Just a Dream)

I woke up in my cabin with the sun shining.

My head immediately started throbbing in pain.

Why?

My eyes felt irritated as I looked around my cabin.

Tsunami was on my bed side table along with my camp cell.

I got up and went to the bathroom to check on my reflection.

I gasped when I saw myself.

My eyes were puffy and red and frankly I looked like shit.

I looked down and saw that the clothes I had on were the same clothes I had on when Leo dumped me.

The realization hit me like a truck speeding down the interstate.

It was all a dream.

I felt my eyes well up and my heart felt as heavy as an elephant.

It had all been so real, It couldn't have been fake.

I could explain details and I still felt Nico's lips on mine when he kissed me goodnight.

I could still smell his vanilla scent.

How could that all be just a dream?

I wanted to cry and I wanted to scream, but mostly I wanted to go back.

I sat down on my bed and started thinking of any way to get back there when someone came in the cabin.

"Hey Elise" Nico said from the door.

I turned and looked at him.

He was different from last summer.

"Uh hey what's up" I said realizing I had been staring at him.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing" He said coming into the cabin closing the door behind him.

"Well as you can see pretty shitty, and why would you care?" I snapped from my bunk.

How did he know about me and Leo breaking up?

"I can tell and I just wanted to make sure you haven't felt possessed in a while" he said.

Oh right, I had totally forgotten about that.

I felt like a total dick.

"I'm sorry I'm just in a bad mood. I didn't mean to snap at you like that" I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Nico asked coming to sit next to me.

"Life" I said.

He looked at me and my face and I could see concern in his eyes.

"Well since you're wearing the same clothes you had yesterday and you've been crying, I can tell it's pretty bad" He said obviously asking for more.

"Leo broke up with me because of something I did when I was unconscious" I said choking back my tears.

Nico's face fell.

"It was because you said my name instead of his, isn't it" he said.

I nodded.

"He said he loved me but he couldn't be with me if my heart didn't fully belong to him" I said my tears filling my eyes and spilling over.

"Does your heart belong fully to him?" Nico asked after a little while of silence.

"No" I said to him.

He gave me a confused look.

" I do love him some what, but I love someone else I really wish I was with him right now" I said thinking back to my dream.