Chapter 14 (It's too late)

After Nico left I sat on the floor crying like a baby.

I loved Nico but he don't trust me and he thought of me as a slut.

I forced myself to stop crying.

'What are you doing?' I asked myself.

'You shouldn't be crying over some guy that would do this to you?' I said to myself.

I was right I wasn't going be weak about this, Bethany was going to make the announcement tonight and when she did I planned on being there to receive the apologies I was owed.

Even though my heart still ached I got up ,washed my face and got ready for dinner.

I changed my clothes and applied some makeup so it didn't look like I had been crying as much.
----------------------------------

After I was done I made my way down to the dinner pavilion receiving many dirty glares.

I sat down at my regular table next to Annabeth and Percy.

I noticed that Nico had gone to sit with the Aphrodite table.

I looked over at him and started to tear up.

Why wouldn't he believe me?

I caught his glance and I saw his eyes were slightly red.

Had he cried?

He gave me a look of disgust then went back to talking with Bethany.

I looked away from him because I couldn't stand seeing him with someone else.

I guess Percy noticed my bitterness because he asked me

"Did Nico break up with you?".

"No he just called my a slut and a liar then said he wasn't my boyfriend anymore" I said miserably.

"HE CALLED YOU WHAT?" Percy asked me.

"Perc please I don't want you to talk to him about this" I sighed.

"But Elise he doesn't get to treat you like this" he said angrily.

"I know that Percy but he's going to eat his words in a minute" I said trying to calm him down.

"But still Elise that's not enough" Percy insisted.

"No, it is" I said giving Percy a stern look.

"You can't possibly think I can stand by and watch my little sister get hurt?" He asked me with concern.

"Please Perc I can handle my problems and if I ever can't I promise you that I'll come to you first for help" I said hoping that calmed him down.

"Fine" he sighed and sit down.

I gave him a thankful smile as Chiron stood up and started speaking.

"Campers, there has been a recent rumor going around about a certain camper" Chiron said.

I suddenly felt everyone's eyes on me.

"I am here to tell you it isn't true, Miss Shawn here would like to share a confession with everyone" Chiron said pointing to Bethany.

Bethany stood up and spoke.

"I made it all up every last part, Elise never did sleep with Leo or Henry, She also didn't cheat on Nico. I just said it because I felt like it" she said shrugging it off like it was no big deal.

Everyone looked at me and I saw guilt and embarrassment fill many faces.

I saw Leo's face and he gave me a smile that said

'Bet they're all eating there words now'

I gave him a genuine smile and then returned to my dinner.

I took a quick glance at Nico and I saw that he regretted every word he said.

But it doesn't mean he didn't say them.

I saw him stand up so I did the same.

But instead of going towards him I started towards my cabin.

"Elise wait!" he shouted.

But I didn't, I kept running and I didn't stop until I was inside my cabin and had locked the doors.

"Elise please open up I need to talk to you" he said banging on the door.

"I think you've said plenty already" I said bitterly.

"Please Elise I...." He started but I wouldn't let him finish.

"You what? Love me? You're sorry? No Nico you've already said enough I don't want to hear this" I said to him through the door.

"But I do and I am please Elise I can't live without you" he pleaded.

"Well you seemed to be living pretty well without me at the Aphrodite table" I hissed.

"Elise please I need you I love you" he said quietly.

My heart was begging me to let him in and forgive him.

But my brain was telling me that it was to late for his apology he didn't trust you and he called you all those things.

"Nico don't make me do this" I said.

"Elise please I messed up I was an idiot and I was upset" he said in his apologetic voice.

I had to stay strong but he wasn't making it easy.

"Nico I love you" I said.

I felt tears roll down my cheeks.

"I love you too Elise more than anything in the whole messed up world" he said.

I gave in and opened the door.

As soon as I did Nico wrapped me in a hug.

"I'll never let you go again" Nico said kissing the top of my head.

I sobbed into his chest.

"Elise baby don't cry please I hate to see you cry" he said holding me closer.

I pulled away from him and kiss him passionately.

I melted into the kiss and wrapped my arms around Nico's neck.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

I played with his hair as I kissed him harder.

He broke away breathless.

"I love you Elise" he smiled.

"I'm going to miss you and your kisses and your beautiful face" I said sadly.

"What are you talking about?" he asked confused.

I kissed him one last time.

"Good bye Nico Di Angelo I'll love you forever" I said pushing him out of my cabin door.

I locked the door before he could come back.

"Elise let me in please I love you!" he shouted.

I sat down against the door and sobbed.

"Elise please baby, Let me in please I love you more than anything" he said banging on the door.

I wanted to let him in but instead I just sobbed.

Because his apology came too late.