Chapter 8 (The Game part 1)

By the time dinner came around I was ready for our game of capture the flag.

"Are you okay El?" Nico asked me at dinner.

"I'm perfectly fine" I said twitching.

I was hopped up on energy and I couldn't stay still.

"Says the girl who looks like a ticking time bomb" Nico said.

I wanted to object but I could tell I probably looked like an ADHD kid who had just been give 50 cups of Coffee.

"I'm just ready to show Bethany that I'm better than her and that you made the right decision going out with me again" I said to Nico still bouncing.

"You don't have to prove anything Elise" Nico said putting his hands on my shoulders.

It was comforting so I pulled away ,I had to stay focused on this game of Capture the flag

Nico sighed "Elise please you don't have anything to prove so just please calm down and forget about her".

"Nico I can't just forget about her she called me a slut! even if it isn't true it still insults me and hurts" I said to him, angered at the words Bethany had said.

"Why should you care what she thinks?" He asked me.

I didn't want to admit it but her words made me think if Nico should have chose me? And her words hurt because even if I shouldn't care what people say getting called a slut is still degrading.

"I just don't want that Aphrodite freak walking around here thinking she's some goddess" I said gritting my teeth.

I saw Bethany staring at Nico then glared at me and giggled to her cabin mates.

I saw Nico look at where I was looking and he turned to me.

"You know I love you and only you? I have since last summer when we kissed in the woods. So don't let some freak psych you out okay?" Nico said putting his hand on mine and looking into my eyes.

Damn him, His eyes made me want to stop being mad so I tried to pull away.

"I know Nico I just want to make her eat her words" I said standing up.

"Fine, I'll see you at the game tonight" he said sighing.

I walked over to the Aphrodite table with my hand on my sword.

"Hey Piper, Can we talk?" I asked Piper trying to ignore Bethany.

"Sure" Piper said standing up and walking with me to the beach.

-----------------------------------------------------

"What's up?" She asked when I stopped walking.

 "Have you ever felt like you needed to prove something to someone even when they say you don't?" I asked her.

"Yeah acaully I do why?" she asked me.

"Well Bethany and I had an argument in front of Nico and she called me a slut. Now I feel like I have to prove to Nico that I'm not one and that I don't take crap from people easily" I said to her.

"She called you a slut? I mean have you seen the way she dresses?" Piper said after i finished talking.

"Yeah but now I think Nico is mad that I want to prove Bethany wrong" I said to her.

"Well he probably is just upset and thinks that you think you have to prove something to him and he doesn't want you to" She said.

"So should I prove Bethany wrong?" I asked her.

"Well, only if you feel its what you have to do" Piper said.

"Okay, Thanks for the advice" I said to her.

"No problem, and not to sound rude or anything but why did you come to me for advice?" She asked.

"I don't know I felt like I needed your advice" I answered.

"Okay, I'm here any time" She smiled then walked back to the dinner pavilion.

------------------------------------------

When we returned to the dinner Pavilion it was time for capture the flag so I joined Percy and Annabeth on the blue team.

"Okay here is how it works, Our team is made up of The Poseidon, Hades, Athena, Hermes and Ares cabins. The Red team is made up of The Zeus, Aphrodite, Apollo, Hephaestus, Demeter and Dionyus cabins" Percy explained.

"Okay so the strategy is we're going to have Percy, Hazel and I on defense along with the Athena cabin and half of the Hermes cabin. Elise and Nico will be on offense along with the Ares cabin and the other half of the Hermes cabin." Annabeth explained.

We all nodded understanding the plan.

"Alright stay tight and let's go get that flag" Percy said disbanding.

We made our way to our posts and I stood next to Nico.

"You ready?" He asked me.

I nodded and gave him a kiss for good luck.

"Let's get that flag" I said smiling.

The horn blew and the game started.