Chapter 12 (The Goddess of Truth)

I was determined to prove Bethany wrong, So I went to the first person I thought of for help.

"Elisa Jackson I thought you were at camp" My mother said when she opened the door.

"Hey mom, I missed you too" I said stepping inside our apartment.

"Sweet heart what are you doing here?" My mother asked

"I can't just come by to see my mother?" I asked her.

I made my way to the couch and sat down.

My mother followed and sat down.

"Honey, Please promise me it isn't anything dangerous that you need me to consent" My mother sighed.

"There is nothing you have to consent I promise, I just need your advice" I admitted.

"You couldn't have called?" She asked.

"I needed to see you in person I was tired of being around people the were giving me dirty glares" I answered her.

"Why would people be giving you dirty glares?" she asked me.

"This girl started a rumor that I was cheating on my boyfriend with 2 other guys and everyone believes it" I said.

Technically it wasn't the whole truth, but it definitely wasn't a lie.

"And are you going to take action on this?" my mother asked concerned.

"That's what I need your help with, how would you deal with this situation" I asked her.

She thought about for a minute .

"Well I would find an expert to help gather evidence, that way you can prove your innocence" My mother said.

I thought for a second and then an idea popped into my mind.

"I think I know where to find an expert, Thanks mom you always know how to help" I said giving her a hug.

"Well I'm glad I can still help my Demi-god children" she said hugging me.

"Tell Paul I said hi" I said standing up.

"Tell Percy and Annabeth I say hi as well honey" my mom said showing me to the door.

"I will, I love you mom" I said giving her one last hug.

"I love you too sweet heart, be safe and maybe bring that boyfriend of yours around next time you come" my mother said waving goodbye.

I just laughed and walked down the hall to the stairs.

I refocused and remembered the task at hand.

I had to find the goddess of truth.
----------------------------------------

I did some research at the library and found the goddess of truth.

Aletheia.

I had no idea how to get her help so I decided to burn a sacrifice for her and pray that she would help.

As I threw the food into the small fire I had made in Central Park I said a small prayer.

"Uh well, I don't really know how to pray to a god or goddess but here's my best guess, Oh great Aletheia, goddess of truth help me prove the lies that have been spoken wrong" I prayed.

I waited for a second and then the fire glowed gold.

I then saw a heavenly figure standing in front of me in a Greek toga.

"Hello Elisa Jackson, I believe you have sacrificed in my name" The goddess spoke.

"Uh Aletheia, um hi, yes I did I need help with a problem an it seems to fall under your area of er expertise?" I stuttered.

"Ah yes I have noticed your troubles" The goddess said.

"Well all I need is some help back at camp, I need to prove that Bethany was lying about....... a rumor" I said.

"No need to explain I have heard the lie" Aletheia said dismissing the matter.

"Alright I guess I'll meet you back at camp then" I said walking towards the street to hail a cab.

"I will see you at camp half blood young mortal" Aletheia said disappearing in a shimmer of gold.

I hailed a cab and was on my way to camp.

------------------------------------

When I arrived at camp I saw Aletheia's gold aura in the window of the big house.

I paid the driver and walked up to the big house.

When I walked in I heard Aletheia, Chiron and Bethany having a discussion.

"I never spread that rumor around camp I just had evidence that supported the rumor that was going around" Bethany defended in her fake innocent voice.

"I can tell you are not speaking the truth so I suggest not lying anymore" Aletheia said to Bethany.

I walked in the room and Chiron looked at me.

"I believe I have found my evidence" I said to Bethany.

"I..... I ......I made it up I admit it" Bethany sighed.

"Why would you make something up like this?" Chiron asked Bethany.

"It doesn't matter why she did it she still did it, and now I can't even walk around camp without dirty looks" I said clearly pissed off.

"Well then a public apology and punishment is required" Chiron said.

"I think I'll let you two discuss that and Aletheia and I will step into the hall" I said to Chiron opening the door to the hall way.

I stepped outside an Aletheia followed.

"Thank you Aletheia" I said thanking her.

"It is very rare for me to receive sacrifices, when I did I felt it only polite to help you in this task" Aletheia replied.

"Well thank you anyways" I said.

"No, thank you for the sacrifice it meant more than you think" she said.

With that Aletheia walked out of the big house and disappeared into a gold shimmer.

When I saw her disappear I promised myself to give her a sacrifice at dinner.
--------------------------------------

When Chiron and Bethany were done talking Bethany's punishment was announced.

"Bethany will have I clean the stables for the rest of summer has last shower and must make a public apology to you at tonight's campfire." Chiron said.

Great I only have to put up with the glares till tonight.

Lets hope I can make it.