Chapter 25 (My Conscious Hates Me)

*Elise's P.O.V*

I woke up early in the morning to the sound of a machine beeping.

I looked to see my heart rate monitor at normal speed.

I looked around the room and saw Leo sitting in the corner of the room in a chair.

"Hey" I said from my bed.

Leo looked up and smiled.

"Hey beautiful" he said standing up and walking over to me.

As he got closer I saw that his smile didn't reach his eyes.

"Is everything alright?" I asked as he stood next to my bed.

"Yeah, I just haven't quite gotten used to the fact that my girlfriend has been possessed for Zeus knows how long and I could've kissed an eidolon" He said.

I laughed.

"Where's Nico?" I asked him.

Leo's face changed from a forced laugh to a grim scowl.

"Why? do you want to go confess your love for him or something?" he spat.

His reaction definitely caught me off guard.

"No, I just wanted to thank him again for getting that monster out of me" I said.

Leo sighed.

"I'm sorry, it's just be makes me uneasy and the whole time he was in here he stared at you like you were his most precious belonging" Leo apologized.

"It's okay Leo. I'm sorry about that, I can't imagine how awkward it must have been for you" I said.

Leo smiled.

"It's fine, all that matters is that your okay and I won't be hanging out with Nico any time soon" Leo said.

I smiled and gave him a kiss on the lips.

"Do you know when I can leave?" I asked him.

"Henry said you can leave after he finishes some tests" Leo said brushing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Okay" I sighed.

"Whoa careful there you might die from excitement" Leo said sarcastically.

"I'm just ready to leave this stupid place" I said.

It was true, I was getting sick of being a regular at the Infirmary.

"Well then, I'll go see how long Henry will be" Leo said kissing my head and walking out of the room.
---------------------------------

After Leo left I was really bored so I checked my phone that someone had left for me on the nightstand.

I had 10 missed calls.

I checked and saw that Annabeth, Piper, Jason, Frank and Hazel had all left voicemails hoping I get well soon.

Percy had left 2 voicemails.

Percy had left one saying he hoped that I will get better soon and one saying mom wanted to speak with me ASAP.

I checked the rest of my voicemails and saw that my mom had left one and Nico had left one.

My mom had left one worried sick about me and wanted me to call her whenever I was feeling better.

Nico on the other hand said that we needed to talk.

I decided to call my mom back as I waited for Leo and Henry to come back.

"Hello?" my mom asked as she answered the phone.