Chapter 6 (Who I wanted)

I was sitting down when Leo started talking.

"Elise I love you with all my heart and I don't think I can live without you in my life" he said.

I looked in his eyes and I saw deep sadness and I could tell his words were sincere.

"Leo, you're an amazing guy but I don't have those kind of feelings for you anymore" I said to him.

"I thought you said you loved me and wanted to pick our relationship back up again" he said bitterly.

"I did but now I have another boyfriend who hasn't once decided to leave me for some stupid job" I said to him.

"You're mad because I left you" he asked concerned.

"I was but then I realized that if you were going to leave me then I shouldn't love you and I should love the person that stayed" I said to him.

He looked angered by this last comment.

"You're going to love the person who is taking advantage of you? He just moved in at a vulnerable time" Leo snapped.

"Oh and what did you do? wait a week after Nico cheated on my to kiss me again? no, how about a day? not even, it was barely 10 minutes" I snapped at him.

"You wanted me to kiss you" he snapped right back.

I was angry now he made it seem like I was an attention whore or something.

"No Leo I wanted someone to love me and to show me they loved me I wanted someone to stay by me an be there with me almost everyday of my life. I wanted to look back at my memories and see them there being the reason that time and place was special. I wanted that person to be you" I said to him.

He remained silent and I knew I had rendered him speechless.

"But it's not you it's Nico now you blew your chance" I said before he could speak again.

"So you'll give him another chance but not me" he scoffed.

I got up and started to walk away then stopped and turned back.

"Nico gave me a reason to give him a second chance" I said walking into the forest to meet Nico for my lesson.

I could tell Leo wanted to say more but I was done listening.

I felt better though because I had gotten a lot of my chest that had to be said.

Unfortunately so had he.