I : The Joker

Sherlock's POV
"Bored !" I yelled leaping out of my chair. No cases and John had forbidden me doing experiments and confiscated my gun. I groaned and flopped onto the sofa. The latest case I'd had wasSuddenly there was a loud banging. I jumped off the sofa and threw open the door. One of Mycroft's lackeys stood there. "What do you want ?" I snapped, he gestured to the car, "I'm afraid Mr Holmes you need to come with me to the palace. Your associate Mr Watson is in the car.". I scowled "What does he need this time ?" I muttered. "He has a case." Said the man. I rolled my eyes but got into the car all the same. I hadn't had a proper case in weeks. "Do you know what this is about Sherlock ?" John asks me, concerned. "Mycroft needs us to take down the Joker, I deduce." I said. "The Joker ?" Said John furrowing his brows in confusion "That's the mastermind behind those attacks in Honduras right ?". I nodded "Yes. Famed for leaving a Joker card at each crime scene." Just then, the car pulled up outside the palace. I stepped out of the car and headed straight for Mycroft's office ignoring the many offers of tea. I opened the door to see Mycroft facing the window. "Hello brother dear, and good day to you Doctor Watson ." He turned towards us and handed us each a file. "As you already know, your job is to take down the criminal known as The Joker, however you will not be working alone. You will be working with MI6 Agent Kara Dives and ex-con Sara Bishop." John frowned "Sara Bishop ? Wasn't she the woman who stole 3000 tonnes of gold bullion from Fort Knox" he asked. "Tried to steal" said Mycroft. They chatted on about something insignificant but I stopped listening. I knew someone called Kara Dives, but it couldn't be her, she died. Didn't she ?

John's POV
I was asking Mycroft for more details about the case when the door opened. A woman stepped in. She was of an average height, had short wavy blonde hair, green eyes and exuded confidence. She walked over to Mycroft's desk and sat on it. "Listen Holmes senior I am here for one reason and one reason only. Do you guarantee that I will be pardoned if I help solve this case ?" Mycroft rolled his eyes and nodded. "Wait so you're just going to let her run around freely ?" I asked, Sara turned and fixed me with a cold stare "No, not free ." She scoffed pulling up her trouser leg to reveal a tracking anklet. "Oh," was all I said in response. Just then Sherlock walked forward "Greetings Miss Bishop." He said, he turned to look at Mycroft "What time is Agent Dives getting here ?" He asked, nervously. Just then three loud knocks answered his question.
The door opened to reveal a short young woman with long brown hair, a smattering of freckles and stormy grey eyes. But the strangest thing was that she wore a navy blue trench coat just like Sherlock. I turned to look at him to see that he had blanched. "You ok mate ?" I asked. He ignored me and stared at Agent Dives in wonder "D-Dives" he said finally. I narrowed my eyes at him. Sherlock never stammers. The woman looked at him with sad eyes "Holmes." She said with a sad smile. "You two know each other ?" Asked Mycroft incredulously, stealing the words from my mouth.

Sherlock's POV
I ignored my brother. "You died ," I said "10 years ago." she merely shrugged. I pushed my conflicting emotions aside and turned to Mycroft "I'm not taking the case ." John gaped at me, Sara looked frustrated
but Kara's eyes showed nothing but sadness and...understanding ? Mycroft glared at me "That's Fine Sherlock we'll get someone from Scotland Yard to replace you." I smirked "No you won't. You need me" I said. Mycroft rolled his eyes. "Don't get cocky brother dear. I only asked you because of your work on cases in the past, there are however, plenty of actual detectives who could work on this case. I've heard of a detective rising through the ranks. Donovan I think it was ?"
I sighed in exasperation. "Fine" I said irritably. Relief flooded everyone's faces except for Kara's who looked worried.