X : Panic (Sara)

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. Lots of wires were attached to my arms and legs. I felt a stabbing pain in my chest. Looking down my eyes widened. My torso was covered in bandages which were stained red. I looked around in confusion. Then suddenly, memories of what happened came flooding back, all at once. He was back.

My breathing changed, becoming shallow and fast. I couldn't breathe. I started to sweat and shake, And tears started to fall from my face. I was terrified, losing control of my mind. My heart was racing and my vision was blurred. I started to rip the wires out of my arm, sobs racking my body. John opened the door, rushing towards me when he saw me. I ignored him, pulling wires out one by one. Suddenly, I felt two hands on my head, tilting it up. John's eyes, full of worry stared at me. "It's ok." He said, holding me steady as I tried to escape his grasp. "Sara. Breathe. There is nothing to be afraid of." I shook my head, whimpering. He gave me a small smile "It's all in your head. You are fine." He said, reassuring me. He guided my hand to his heart. Letting me feel his heartbeat. "Breathe." He said. "In and out." I nodded, hyperventilating. I drew in shaky breaths, letting the heartbeat guide me. My vision began to clear and my heartbeat slowed. I fell into John's arms, with a sob. He said nothing, stroking my hair as I shook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up. Again. But this time next to John. My face was buried into his side. I moved slightly. John looked down at me. "Hey." He said softly. I smiled at him "Thank you." I said "For before." He nodded looked down at me, eyes full of worry. "I'm so sorry to ask you." He began, "But do you remember who did this to you." He said gesturing to my wound. I hesitated. Seeing my expression, John backtracked "It's ok, you don't have to -" I cut him off by putting my hand on his arm. "I'll tell you." I said. "A while ago, before I got arrested, I was pulling a con on this American crime boss, Joe Steinfield. It was working, until one day Joe found out who I really was. And -" I clasped his hand. "He tortured my partner to death and forced me to work for him for over two years." Tears slid down my face. John squeezed my hand. "Eventually I managed to escape, but then he's found me," I said, leaning into John. He stroked my back, soothingly as silent tears fell from my face. "I will protect you." He whispered. "I promise."

AN : Credit to RedPanda1203  for the amazing new cover !!!!