XLIV : The Wait (Days 2 & 3. Sara)

I watched as Kara gently shook Sierra awake. She'd been staying at the hospital for the past two nights and it wasn't doing her any good. Dark circles hung under her eyes, contrasting starkly with her pallid complexion. Her hair was messy and unkempt and her eyes were sunken. Her bouncy and carefree spirit was gone, replaced with gloom and grief. She wasn't well. "Sara !" I was jolted out of my analysis by my boyfriend calling my name. I turned as John walked up to me holding a newspaper. "You have to see this!" He said with a grin. I took the paper before blinking in disbelief as I saw the headline :
HAT DETECTIVE KISSES MYSTERY GIRL
Underneath the title was a picture of Sherlock and Kara kissing outside the hospital. "Is this real ?!" I laughed in awe. I walked over to Sierra and handed her the newspaper. She read it and a smile formed on her face, not quite meeting her eyes. "Finally !" It was nothing compared to how she was before, but it was a start. John, Kara and I exchanged a look. "Sierra, are you sure you don't want to go back to the house for a bit, just to shower and rest ? If there are any updates we'll let you know and then-"
"I can't. I can't go back there." She said, eyes glazing over as she recalled a memory. Kara sat beside her. "What about 221B, you can rest, shower and borrow a pair of my clothes before coming back because, quite frankly, you smell." Sierra half-smiled before nodding. They stood up, ready to leave, just as Sherlock arrived. His smile faded as he saw the newspaper in my hand. He looked to Kara before panicking and starting to turn away. "You really hurt my feelings Sherlock Holmes, should we really have to wait for the newspapers to tell us ?" I asked, feigning mock hurt. Sherlock turned crimson. "I-I" he stuttered. I handed the newspaper to Kara who blushed and smiled slightly. "I should've known there would be paparazzi." She said. "I for one am glad you decided to get your acts together." Said John. Sherlock refused to meet Kara's gaze, instead running off, muttering something about tea. She laughed. "If there's anything I know about that man it's that he won't admit his feelings until I force him to." She sighed before guiding Sierra out of the hospital.

AN : Hope you enjoyed! Also which ship name do you like better : Skara or Karlock ? Love you guys Xx