L : Realisations (Sara)

I dropped the box into the ground. It fell with a resounding thud and papers fell everywhere. I cursed before getting on my knees and beginning to pick them up, flicking through them as I replaced them. I put a file down before picking it up again in confusion. I flipped through the file, eyebrows furrowed. It didn't add up. Mateo died on the 22nd of August but two weeks later, Roderigo Perez (one of his aliases) bought a train ticket to Hampshire and checked in at the four seasons. But that wasn't possible, even if he was alive he wouldn't be stupid enough to make such a mistake, right ? I sighed as Sam walked in. I was lying down, legs leaning against the wall and files were scattered all around the floor. He smiled slightly, "Bored, are we sis ?" I shook my head. "Just confused, any advice ?" He lay down next to me in the same position before speaking. "Go out for a walk, clear your head. Maybe things will become clearer after some fresh air." I smiled before standing, "I think that'll help." I replied, grabbing my coat and walking out of the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jammed my fingers into my pockets to protect them from the biting cold. It was cold for September and beginning to rain. I ran into the bookstore with a sigh of relief. I browsed the sci-fi section for a while, but nothing caught my eye. I turned towards the door. Into battle I thought before walking out into what was now a storm. I exited the doorway and stepped outside, only to be brutally shoved to the side. "Hey !" I yelled and the man turned around. My eyes widened as I recalled the photo I'd seen of Mateo. The photo was old and crumbling around the edges but there was no doubt about it. I was standing in front of Mateo Leone. I muttered an apology before ducking back into the bookstore. I began to tail him at a safe distance, he went to the hardware store and a bunch of other places but there was nothing remarkable about his excursion. I watched as he stood in front of a trash can, and for a moment I thought he saw me in the metal reflection, but considering he didn't act, I dismissed it. Eventually, I headed home, mind reeling. I had to tell someone. Sierra, Irene, Sherlock and Kara were on a bust of one of the main warehouses. That left Sam or John but when I got back, Sam was gone. John it is I thought. I'd tell him at dinner tonight.

AN : So, Mateo's alive!! This is the second to last chapter, hope you enjoyed 😊 Shoutouts to Uilosris iamsherlocked64 and RedPanda1203 You guys are the best Xx