Chapter 23

We surpassed 8K reads! Oh gosh

🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒

Few months had passed, through the days, (Y/N) had it hard. She wasn’t allowed to even fight, do paperwork, and all that stuff. Byakuya had to volunteer to replace her. All she did everyday was sleeping, have a nice walk around literally everything, sit back and watch everything go. And she does not like that.

Her baby bump is getting bigger as time flies, which makes all the rules for her to become more strict.

(Y/N) went to her office and saw Byakuya with a pile of paperworks. “Byakuya…”

“Yes? You need anything?” Byakuya asked as he put his pen down. “I was thinking… Maybe a little bit of paperwork won’t hurt.” (Y/N) went over to the desk. “No. Don’t you ever think about doing paperwork while pregnant. You shouldn’t be stressed.” Byakuya refused and went back to work. “But, geez… It’s been months I hadn’t do paperworks, or even fight! My skills are getting rusty.”

“Our baby is more important. I can train you anytime you want, of course after the baby is born.”

(Y/N) puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms. “I’m not that WEAK.” (Y/N) sighed. “Still, I won’t let you do paperwork or anything that might hurt our baby.” Byakuya said sternly. Then, a knock on the door was heard. “Captain, it’s me, Rukia.”

“Oh, come in Rukia!” (Y/N)’s face brightened. Then, the door opened and they saw Rukia with Ichika in her arms. “Aw! Ichika!” (Y/N) went over to her and poked her cheeks. “I came here to report. But since Ichika was extremely mad when I was about to leave, I got no choice.” Rukia sighed as she stepped inside. “Where’s Renji?”

“He’s out for business, he’s supposed to be back before sunset.”

Rukia went over to Byakuya. “This is urgent.” Rukia whispered. “Alright. (Y/N), would you kindly leave?” Byakuya asked as polite as he can be. “What? This is my office and you’re telling me to leave?” (Y/N) asked as she crossed her arms. “Come on, (Y/N)… I got a lot of work to do.” Byakuya sighed as he rubbed his temples. “I’m not leaving.” (Y/N) sat on the sofa.

“…”

“Fine.” Byakuya sighed and gave up. “Iota went to beserk. He demanded to see Alpha, but none of us didn’t understand the hell he’s saying. We already had him secured, no one is hurt though.” Rukia said. “Alpha…?” (Y/N) muttered. “He wants to see (Y/N)?” Byakuya muttered and stayed silent there.

“You should see him, brother. He’s being a hassle.” Rukia said as she leaved.

Byakuya stood up and sighed. “You’re leaving?” (Y/N) asked. “Yes. I need to settle this down.” Byakuya said. “I’m coming with you.” (Y/N) stood up. “Please (Y/N). Don’t. I don’t know what will he do to you. I’m not going to lose my child again.” Byakuya went over to her and hugged her carefuly. “You’re not going to lose your child again. Just who do you think you’re talking to?” (Y/N) huffed.

“I don’t think so—“

Byakuya was cutted off when he saw (Y/N) putting on her puppy eyes. “Pretty please?~”

Byakuya looked away and rubbed the bridge of his nose. “F-Fine. But in a few conditions… You will stay right beside me, and do not leave what ever happened. And especially DO NOT jump off balconies.” Byakuya said. “Alright! Finally…! I love you so much!” (Y/N) gave Byakuya a kiss on the chin and took her zanpakuto before she just literally jumped off from the balcony. I mean, just what did you expect from a rebel?

“No! (Y/N)—I just told you not to jump off balconies! (Y/N) KUCHIKI GET BACK HERE!”

-DEPARTMENT OF R&D-

“Where’s that boi?”

“C-Captain (Y/N)? I thought you’re off duty during your pregnancy…” Mayuri turned around. “Well, I heard Iota went beserk while demanding to see Alpha.” (Y/N) said. Mayuri looked at (Y/N) from top to toe. “You sure you’re going to confront him?” Mayuri asked. (Y/N) was wearing a snow white kimono and wooden geta, which is clearly not supposed to be worn in battle, while holding her zanpakuto. “Of course I’m sure!” (Y/N) put her hands on her hips.

“Oh, no you’re not.”

She turned around and saw her beloved overprotective husband. “You’re going to confront him with me.” Byakuya said. “I can take care of this.” (Y/N) huffed as she went downstairs with Byakuya following her behind. Soi Fon is already there, tending Iota with her men. “Captain (Y/N)! Captain Byakuya!”

“Let me see him.” (Y/N) said. Soi Fon nodded as she stepped aside. Iota’s eyes were red as blood, his veins popped on almost everywhere, he had fangs and was trying to resist the bakudo. “Alpha… Alpha… Alpha…” He muttered the same word over and over again. “Did he response to anything?” (Y/N) asked Soi Fon. “He reponsed well. But he wouldn’t say anything.” Soi Fon sighed. “Just as I expected.

“Iota.” She called out. Iota then stopped muttering, which made Byakuya acted up, afraid that he would do anything bad to (Y/N).

He looked up and met with (Y/N)’s (E/C) orbs. “Alpha…” He mummbled while still looking at (Y/N) deep in the eyes. “Is ‘Alpha’ the only word you can say?” (Y/N) asked. Iota sighed and shook his head. “Alpha…”

“I take that as a yes.” (Y/N) huffed.

“Alpha… He’s in danger…”

“What?” (Y/N) was surprised. “So, you can talk normally.” Soi Fon was surprised as well. “Who is Alpha?” (Y/N) asked. “You will realize him later on…” Iota said as he coughed. “Alpha… You mean me? But I’m a ‘she’…” (Y/N) muttered. “Wait… Captain… Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Soi Fon asked as she exchanged expressions with (Y/N).

“The baby.”

“What do you mean my child is in danger?” Byakuya asked. “Someone’s aftering Alpha. And he does not like Alpha’s existence.” Iota said. “What do you mean?” (Y/N) asked. “Well, if you get this bakudo off me.” Iota said.

Soi Fon undo the bakudo and Iota sighed in relief. He put his hand on his face as he grunted in pain. It seemed like he was trying to return to his normal form. “What I meant was… Someone—My boss to be precise—does not like Alpha’s existence.” Iota said. “Why would you care about my child? You’re not one of the Kuchiki clan or the (L/N) clan…”

“What are you talking about? I am from the (L/N) clan…”

🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒。・゚♡゚・。🍓。・゚♡゚・。🍒

I promise you guys the chapter won't take a week...

Paper_candy_