Chapter Two

*beep* *beep* *beep*

"Oh shut up alarm clock!" I yelled drowsily. I pulled the covers off of my legs and groaned. Time to get ready for The Mating Ball.

I stepped towards my closet and took out the beautiful burgundy gown my sister had bought for me for this very occasion. Slipping into it and tying it, I felt beautiful, gorgeous even. I slipped into my matching burgundy heels and whisked to the bathroom to apply my . Dark red lips and red eye shadow. I clipped together around my neck the heart locket my father had given me as a child, and I parted part of my dark auburn hair, braided it, and tied it with a burgundy bow. I put on my earrings and walked cautiously down the stairs.

My mother gawked,

"Gorgeous! You are so gorgeous!" My mother came over to me, a stray tear rolling down her cheek.

"I'm so proud of you."

"Th-Thanks mom..." I tried very hard not to cry so that my mascara wouldn't run. Maya came down the stairs, her silver gown towering behind her, her brown hair was curled and tossed over her shoulder. Her makeup went perfectly with her dress,

"So..?" She asked, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"You look great Maya." I said.

"Thanks Mystie."

"I'm so very proud of you girls, both of you." my mother said again.

"Thanks mom." we said together. There was a sharp knock at the door, mom raced over to answer it, it was my father.

I ran over to him and hugged him tight, "Dad!"

"Hey Mystie. Look how beautiful you girls look!" he gawked. Maya and I giggled,

"Thanks dad." Maya said cheerfully. There was a honk from outside. Signifying that the limousine had arrived.

Dad rushed up the stairs to get Maya and my bags, taking them outside and setting them in the trunk of the limousine.

"Goodbye girls, I'll miss you so much."

"We'll miss you too dad." I said. Hugging my parents goodbye once more, and then we got into the limo. As it drove off, I closed my eyes and let out a sigh, I'm going to miss them...

Pulling up to the house where the Mating Ball was to be held, my mouth dropped. It was, huge. Rooms upon, rooms upon, rooms! I'm pretty sure it was the biggest building I'd ever seen. My house was actually considerably large considering my father was Alpha, but my house could probably fit in this house's bathroom! Humongous! I couldn't believe the towering amount of rooms as we walked down the halls.

Finally reaching the grand hall, we walked up to an elderly woman running the front desk.

"How can I help you dears?" she said in a sweet voice,

"Um, we're here for The Mating Ball ma'am."

"The Mating Ball? Wonderful, your names please?"

"Mystie Lunar, and Maya Lunar."

"The princesses of Lunar Pack, here are your tags." She handed us the small slips of paper to tie around our necks. They stated our name, age, rank, and pack. Mine said:

~Mystie Lunar~

Age: 17

Rank: 8/10

Pack: Pack Lunar

Maya's said:

~Maya Lunar~

Age: 17

Rank: 7/10

Pack: Pack Lunar

I was quite proud of what I had achieved on the ranking scale. I trained very, very hard to become Delta. Yes I could have gotten the position with ease with my father's rank, but I wanted to work for it. In the end, I received the role of Delta. My mother was beaming when we found out I worked hard enough to become Delta,

"Mom, I have some exciting news!"

"What is it Mystie?"

"I got an e-mail today from Alpha Mink, I'm the new Delta!"

"Really? Oh Mystie this is wonderful!" she exclaimed cheerfully.

"Thank you mother."

"I know how hard you worked, have you told your father yet? I'm sure he'd be pleased,"

"I was going to call him right after I told you."

"Well then, don't let me stop you! Go and call your father."

"Okay!" My mother and I shared a warm embrace and I walked into my room to call my father...

Remembering that made me smile. My dad was even more ecstatic when I called him. He couldn't stop telling me how proud he was.

"Hello? Mystie! Earth to Mystie?"

"Oh yeah, sorry Maya."

"What are thinking about?"

"When I told mom and dad about me becoming Delta."

"I remember that, dad was so happy he started crying!" Maya laughed at this, and I laughed too. My family knows how hard I work and train.

"Maya?"

"Yeah?"

"You realize our mates will probably be in different packs right?"

"I know." she said with a frown, nodding solemnly. "I'm really gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too Maya." We hugged and turned towards where the crowd seemed to be going.

Upon reaching the side of the Grand Hall where all the female werewolves stood, I started twiddling with my fingers. I was nervous. I had no idea what kind of person my mate would be. What if they were a tyrannic monster? Or a psychopath, or worse, like a murderer or something.. Stop, don't think like that. The Alpha and Beta of the Pack House we would be staying in gave an introductory speech and we were seen to our rooms for the night.

Walking down the hallways was like a maze. Maya and my room numbers were 310 and 311, to be honest, I didn't even know one house could have that many rooms. When Maya and I finally arrived to our rooms we bid each-other a good night and walked in. I flopped onto my bed,

"Ugh... It's been a long day. Too long." I closed my eyes for a moment, then I got back up and hung my gown up. Going to the mirror I cleaned off all my makeup and changed into pajamas. Sitting on my bed I looked through my messages. Two missed messages from my friend Avery, and one from my dad. I opened the message from my dad and read it over:

"Hey Mystie, it's dad. I hope everything's been going smoothly so far. Best of luck to you. -Dad" I smiled, Dad was always there for me. Before I knew it, sleep overtook me.

The next morning was a rush. My alarm beeped and I was off. Into the shower, then I washed my face, and brushed my teeth and . Getting into the for the second day of The Mating Ball, I left my hair to fall down my back. Blow drying it, I brushed it thoroughly. Then curling it then finally threw some gently overt my shoulder letting the rest fall down my back.. Sighing I applied my makeup.

Today will be worth it, I'll find my mate, and hopefully I'll be happy...

Then there was a knock at the door.