Chapter Three

"Oh my gosh Mystie! Are you ready?" Maya said, still knocking roughly on the door.

"Almost, one moment." I said.

"Make it quick! Don't forget your mask."

"Okay." I finished my makeup and turned out of the bathroom. Taking my mask off of the nightstand I walked out of my bedroom.

"Sorry I took so long." I said.

"It's fine." Maya said, "We should get going." I nodded my head in the agreement. Walking down the hallway, which took about forever and a quarter mind you, we finally made it to the auditorium. Werewolves left and right, dancing, talking, even laughing and cracking jokes. A smile crept onto my face, maybe this won't be so bad after all.

Maya walked bravely into the crowd. Weaving between people, stopping and chatting with some, walking past others. I marveled at her courage: How does she do it?

Brought back to the present from my thoughts, I realized someone had knocked into me.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I turned and the scent of strawberry and vanilla overtook my thoughts and senses.

"MATE." my wolf, Ramonita, barked.

"Quiet yourself!" I said bluntly to my wolf.

"But mate..." she whimpered.

"I don't care!" I pushed her to the back of my mind, careful not to let her take control.

"No, no, it's fine. Don't worry about it!"

"Are you as terrified as I am?" he chuckled nervously.

"Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one!" I said smiling.

"Ha! Me too!" he said, "I've just been wandering and avoiding everyone all night."

"Yeah, I can relate."

~-???'s P.O.V.-~

That's it. The scent or strawberry and vanilla enveloped her. My wolf howled,

"Mate! Mate! Mate!"

"Calm down Alciel," I said, "You don't wanna scare her. Besides, she probably doesn't scent it."

"But what if she does? C'mon Geane!"

"No Alciel, just no."

"Are you okay?" she said,

"Oh yeah, sorry. Just lost in thought." I said, a warm blush creeping across my face.

"Um, do mind if I ask.. What's your name?"

"Oh yeah, sorry, it's Geane. Geane Solar."

"Wait, you mean, Prince Geane of Solar Pack?" The blush raged harder,

"Yeah."

"That's so cool! I'm the princess of Luna Pack, Mystie."

"You mean Mystie the Delta?"

"Mhmm!" she said cheerfully her face was bright pink, it made me smile, just slightly. She had an embarrassed look on her face.

"Something the matter?" I asked.

"N-no!" she stuttered, it was cute, "This may seem, like, really weird... But, is it just me who smells the mate scent or... Never mind, it's probably just me. I couldn't possibly be the mate of a Beta in a pack so powerful, never-" I cut her off,