Chapter Twenty-One

Mystie's PoV

I walked slowly through the forest, breathing the clear air around me. This is what I loved about Geane's pack house, the ability to be outside among the trees, the place where I felt I truly belonged. It was a true place of comfort for me, something that kept me going. I knew that I could be here whenever I wanted, and that motivated me. I had received word from my sister that she would be visiting, causing me a great deal of excitement. I had missed her so much, and getting a chance to see her was all the better.

I ran my hand gently on the bark of a tree, smiling softly. I wanted to take my baby here, I feel like he or she would love it here just as much as I did. And if they didn't, I would be okay with that, because it doesn't matter to me what they like or what they don't. All that matters to me is that they feel loved, and safe, and secure. That's all I want.

I heard footsteps and soon enough Geane was beside me. I looked up at him,

"How'd you know where I was?"

"Lucky guess?" he suggested with a shrug.

"You don't have someone watching me, do you?"

He shook his head, "No, but I did see you leave and walk off in this direction, and I could smell your scent. And it lead me here."

"Why were you looking for me?"

"You ask a lot of questions."

"You are supposed to give me answers."

He chuckled, "You aren't wrong. I was looking for you, just because I wanted to spend time with you, you know?"

I blushed slightly, Geane: the romantic. It annoyed me how sweet he was sometimes, but most of the times.. It was one of the things I loved most about him. Enough of the mushy stuff, though.

"Whatever, you potato."

"Potato?"

"Yes, like, the starchy vegetable?"

Geane laughed, that laugh.. It was intoxicating.

"So, I'm part man, part wolf, part.. Potato."

"Yes."

This only caused him to laugh more, and me along with him. See what I mean by intoxicating? I couldn't help but laugh with him. I sighed.

"I love you, Geane." I said. He smiled.

"And I love you."