Chapter Twenty

**Maya's PoV**

I stuffed my last article of clothing into my suitcase, sitting on top of it to press it down just enough for the zipper to glide along its tracks, closing the large carry huffed triumphantly, hopping off of my suitcase. I had packed everything for my flight, or at least, I hoped if packed everything. Dragging my suitcase off my bed I pulled up the handle and dragged it behind me out into the corridor. I carried it down the stairs.

Mom looked at me, sniffling, "I'm going to miss you.."

" Mom, I'll be gone for a week. " I replied, my words adorned with an eye roll and a faint smile.

"I know but.." She trailed off. I kissed her cheek,

" I'll be back before you know it, mama. "

She nodded, "Okay, yeah, okay."

I smiled again and picked up my suitcase, I carried it outside to my dad's car, placing it in the back. I sat in the passenger's seat and my dad joined me on the driver's side.

"Ready to go, Mi? (Pronounced m-eye, it's a nickname? I guess?)" My dad asked.

"As I'll ever be. "

My dad nodded and started the car, my mom stood waving from the doorway and blowing kisses. I waved back and then we were off to the airport.

•°•°•°•

I looked out the window of the plane, the landscape far beneath me, making it look small and illegitimate. I felt like a giant in a city of ants. I loved flying.

There was a child and then the monotonous voice of the pilot alerting us we would be landing soon, and needed to fasten our seatbelts. I did as I was told, fastening mine and then continuing to stare absentmindedly out the window. The world below me was beautiful, breathtaking, and I couldn't bring myself to look away.

Soon enough we landed and I stood up, stretching as much as I could. The only downside of flying was the lack of space on the planes, and I always got the key lag headaches. But it would all be worth it once I got to see Mystie.

I know, I know, another short one. I'm sorry, but I'm trying. All the love~