Chapter Twenty-Two

Maya's PoV

I got off of the plane, my suitcase trailing behind me as I walked into the airport. I told Mystie I'd call her when I landed, so I pulled out my phone and did just that. I tapped her contact and after a ring or two she picked up,

"Hey!" Mystie said, "How are you?"

"Good, I just landed at the airport."

"Do you want me to come pick you up??"

"No, no, you shouldn't be driving, Missy, I'll get an Uber."

"Aw.. Okay.." Mystie whined.

"Don't worry, I'll be there soon. Love you."

"Love you too, sis."

"Bye,"

"Bye!"

She hung up and I smiled, I couldn't wait to see her and Geane again. I had missed them, even if I didn't want to admit it.

I got some breakfast at one of the restaurants in the airport and then I got an uber and was taken to Mystie's pack house. It was huge, not surprising, really. I watched in awe as we pulled into the driveway of the house. I got out of the car and was greeted with arms around me. 

"Maya!!!" Mystie cried. I chuckled, wrapping an arm around her. 

"Hey, there. Dingus."

"I missed you so much!" Mystie whined. I smiled and hugged her. 

"I missed you too, butthead. Now, if you wouldn't mind, can you have someone show me to my room?"

"Of course!" She stopped for a moment, probably using the pack link, and someone came out. Then the scent hit my nose. The scent of my mate. I looked at the guy, and he looked at me. Both of us were wide-eyed. I recognized him, he was the guy I thought was my mate from the ball!! Had I been right? Mystie seemed to notice and then she whispered to me, "I'll leave you two alone~" and walked off. 

I just kind of stood there. The guy walked up awkwardly. 

"So... I'll take your bag, if you'd like." I nodded numbly and he picked up from the ground. 

"Follow me..." he murmured, and I did. He led me through the long corridors of Mystie's pack house. He stopped at a room and opened the door. I followed him in, he placed my stuff beside the door and turned to me. 

"You're Maya, right? The one from the Mating Ball??" 

I nodded and scratched the back of my neck, embarrassed. "Yep, that's me." 

"I meant to... I wanted to..."

"Me too, but I honestly thought I was being stupid..." I admitted.

"So you..?" I nodded and he smiled slightly. 

"Can I..." he started. I looked up at him as he began to lean down, one arm beside my head. I nodded meekly and when our lips connected, I knew. He was my mate.