Chapter Four

The next morning I felt lighter. Even though the night before I'd barely gotten any sleep. I remembered the kiss Geane and I shared last night, making me giggle a little. It was the last day of the Mating Ball, the day I'd go home, pack up the rest of my things, and go live with Geane in his pack. I was excited, and nervous at the same time.

This was a big deal to my mother and father. They wanted me to be happy, which I am. I can say that with honesty. All of this seems like a new world to me, Geane is anything I want, and everything I need. My burgundy gown still hung in the corner of my room. This being the final day, I slipped into it again.

The satin material felt smooth against my skin. For such a large dress, it was surprisingly comfortable, yet elegant. I could've worn it a million times and never get tired of it. It was the most beautiful thing I think I'd ever worn.

There was a slight knock at the door. I went to go open it. I was met by the those same dazzling gray eyes.

"Morning beautiful." he cooed. I smiled at him playfully and planted a peck on his lips. He smiled into the kiss and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I think we were like that for like, ten minutes until Maya came up behind us and teased,

"Looks like little miss Mystie has a boyfriend!" I turned to face her, my face painted a deep red.

"Maya! Shut up!" I whined and she smiled at me cheekily, "So this is the one and only Geane Solar of Solar Pack?"

"Y-Yes!" He stuttered, it was funny how intimidated he was by my sister. I entwined my fingers with his for reassurance.

"That's me!" He said, now confident, "You are very lucky to have a sister as wonderful as Mystie." The blush raged,

"Geane!" I said, slightly embarrassed, mostly flattered. He turned to me a cheeky smile on his face,

"What love?" he said, pecking my lips again. He pulled away and I smiled. Maya just stood there, she had her arms crossed and a big grin plastered on her face.

"You guys make a cute couple," She held a thumbs up to Geane, "You have the twin sister seal of approval!" We all laughed.

"We should probably start heading down to the Grand Hall, don't want to be late for your speech!" I said, booping Geane on the nose. We walked the whole way hand-in-hand, with Maya, acting like a third wheel, trudging along.

Finally reaching the Great Hall it was packed. Werewolves rushed around, either with their mate, or trying desperately to find them so they don't have to come next year. There seemed to be at least one wolf of every rank. The omegas hid in the corner, trying not to get pushed around by the ranked wolves. Gammas chatted and talked about Pack matters. The Deltas, like myself, drank glasses of what I think were champagne. And last but not least, the Alphas and Betas sauntered around like they owned the place. Which technically they did. I'm glad Geane doesn't act that way.

We kinda just shuffled around together the whole time. Geane and I danced a little bit, but I kept stepping on his toes. He laughed his laugh, the laugh that sent shivers down my spine.

"You wanna dance on my feet?"

"What?" To my surprise, he picked me up by the waist and spun me in the air. I wrapped my hands around his neck and looked down into those dazzling gray eyes of his. His touch burned like white-hot fire on my skin, it was mesmerizing.

~-Geane's P.O.V.~-

I picked her up in my arms and twirled her around. She smiled and giggled, looking down at me with those brilliant deep blue eyes I could've gotten lost in. They were like two endless pools so deep that I could drown in them..