Chapter Seven

Girl Depicted Above is Maya

You'll be fine, it's just breakfast...

We started walking towards the dining hall, my small hand shaking in Geane's larger one.

"You'll be fine.." he reassured me.

"But Geane, your mother already hates my guts... And I got here yesterday!"

"Mother has always been cold, don't worry about it so much. The Pack is going to love you."

I heaved a sigh and nodded, "Okay.." Geane gave my hand a tight squeeze and we walked in.

"Good morning!!" Barry said, coming and hugging my leg, "Will you sit next to me??"

I smiled, "Sure." Geane followed me and sat beside me, only after pulling out my chair for me. Breakfast was actually somewhat peaceful. No gunfire, explosions, because that would be too much to ask right?

No, instead I get Korene. Evil, prickly, did I say evil?

"Good morning, Mystie," Arthur greeted warmly,

"Good morning!" I said cheerfully.

Korene rolled her eyes and scoffed, her silver eyes raking over me.

I blinked my eyes a couple times to make sure there wasn't an evil demon watching me from across the dining table.

Arthur nudged Korene, "Aren't you going to say good morning?"

"No." she said, obviously loud enough so I could hear, "Because it's not good, she's here." she scowled at me again. Suddenly, Geane stood up and scowled at her,

"What is your problem?! You've been nothing but plain rude to Mystie since she got here! Sometimes you're just so unbelievable!! She did nothing to you, stop being so cold!"

Korene looked shocked, "Is that any way to speak to your mother Geany?"

"No mother of mine would treat my mate in such a manner! Until you decide to build a bridge and get over not it, but yourself, I will maybe and just maybe consider thinking of you as a mother again."

Arthur looked like he was about to burst out laughing, Korene just frowned and her eyes squinted to angry slits, "She's a commoner Geane, how could you love something as filthy as that?"

I fought the urge to slap her, not hard, but I fought it. Instead, Barry stood up in his chair, "That was so mean Mommy! What did Ms. Mystie even do to you?? You act like she spat in your coffee, and that wasn't her, it was me." Arthur looked like he was about to burst like a dam, Geane himself stifled a laugh, and I covered my mouth as a giggle almost escaped me.

Korene just sputtered wordlessly and then ran off. Once she was gone we all let out the obviously contained laughter, I gave Barry a thumbs up,

"Pretending to spit in her coffee, that was great."

"What? I wasn't pretending, I actually spat in her coffee."

Lil' Barry, always coming through for Mystie. Welp, sorry about the wait. but here is the long-awaited chapter seven of "The Mating Crown"!