Chapter Ten

We sit silently. The way that Arthur is looking at me is painful.

"Korene, why are you treating her with such disrespect?" I simply turned my head away, scoffing.

"Arthur, how many times do I have to tell you? I. Have. My. Reasons."

"But Korene, that's not enough!"

Arthur scowled. This isn't the first fight we've had about this week. Beckham and Ella are gone now, but we've been keeping in contact. We have a plan, and Mystie is just getting herself caught up in something she doesn't need.

Arthur heaved a sigh, "Unbelievable." He stood up and walked out, mumbling to himself angrily. I shook my head. My phone buzzed to life and Beckham's name flashed across the screen. I smiled, how I loved my son.

I answered, '"Hi mamma, " Beckham said into the phone.

"Hey bug, how's my little boy?" He laughed,

"I'm good mom, just missing you." I smiled

" Aww, I miss you too. "

"So... Have you gotten through the first leg of the plan?" Beckham whispered, his tone now more serious.

"Yes. But there's been a complication.."

" Complication? " Beckham asked.

"Geane's mate."

" Geane's... Mate.. He found his mate?? How?! It's only been what, maybe two years since I left with Ella? "

"I was surprised too, just not pleasantly." I muttered.

"So that's the girl I saw him with at the ball..."

"You saw him???" I fretted

" Yes.. " he said, "I'm here. In Florida."

"We should meet. Bring Ella with you, what would you think for the rendezvous point?"

"That cafe in Palm Beach? "

"Sounds good, I love you mom but I have some Alpha duties to attend to."

"Alright bug, I love you too and I'll see you soon. "

"Bye mamma,"

"Bye buggle," I hung up the phone and put it in my pocket. Geane and Mystie were out, and Arthur was mad at me, perfect time to file the divorce papers.

Holy crap!!! You guys I mean, I know I'm writing this, but it seems my characters write themselves more than I write them. So uhm... I know the chapter was short, I'm so sorry, but I hope you enjoyed.