Prologue: Fate Vs Choice

Aurelia

They say when you're born, you have two obligations to guide you: fate or choice. Fate is when you're born, you're destined to do something, and nothing can change what it's supposed to be. Your choice is you get to rule the way your life is. If you want to go to school or not, waste your life or not, etc. I believed in the fate part. Fate coursed in my blood the moment I was born into the world.

My fate was turning into a cold person called a Vampire. It wasn't like I had the choice to say no. Let me start off with the basics of who I really am. My name is Aurelia Grace Cullen, and I am the adoptive daughter of Rosalie Hale and Emmett Cullen. Technically my parents are married, but the humans can't know. I lived in a house of vampires since I was born.

There's Edward, who I liked to call Uncle Eddie, Uncle Jasper, Grandpa, Grandma, and Aunt Alice. They're Vampires while I am just the human of the house. See, my Dad was in the woods going for a hunt when he heard a baby wailing. He found little me wrapped in a blanket starving to death since whoever was my real parents left me to die. He brought me home and boom!

I was a Cullen. Mom told me Uncle Jasper had to stay away from me for the first four years of my life. Now, everything was normal. Just if I got cut, Uncle Jasper had to go away. Being a human was threatening in the house, not only cause of Vampires. I remember when it happens. When the Volturi found out I was living with the Cullen's. It happened in a series of events.

One was at Bella's 18th birthday party. Bella is Edward's girlfriend, and when she turned 18, Alice threw a party. I was only 14 when that party rolled around. Bella cut her finger on a gift, and Jasper went crazed, almost attacking her. Edward wanted to keep Bella safe, so we moved to Rio. It was where I celebrated my 15th birthday, but it was no normal birthday. We had discovered Bella had died, and it drove Edward off the edge that he wanted to die.

For my entire birthday, we searched for him until Alice and Bella had returned with him. That was when I was brought into Aro's mind. To prove Bella will be a vampire in the future, Alice showed him a vision. That vision involved me somehow, and the Volturi asked for me. Three days later, Rosalie and Emmett took me there, and they said I had to be a vampire. Mom was furious, and Dad worried I would be upset, but I wasn't. I love my family, and when Aro said If I wasn't, they would die, I knew what I had to.

See, that's fate. When I was a baby, I was meant to die, and just because I cheated, it didn't mean it wasn't going to come back at me. Until the moment came to be a vampire, I got to live like any normal teenage girl—sort of....

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥  𝟐𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

I tapped my pencil against my desk to the rhythm of Rehab by Amy Winehouse while my brain exploded from the math problem in front of me.

𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵: (y2-4y-32)/ (y+4)?

I grabbed my calculator plugging in the numbers and doing some mental math in my head to get there a bit faster. I attended Fork's High School with Edward, Bella, Jasper, and Alice. They kept an eye on me since Mom and Dad graduated the previous year. Writing down the steps and hitting the enter button multiple times, I got y-8 circling A to be the correct answer.

Still, I rolled my eyes, seeing the next problem. Homework was stupid. What was the point of making us go to school for eight hours and come home to do more work. Before I could do the next problem, the book was gone. I gasped till I heard a laugh behind me and turned, seeing Edward with the book in his hands, flipping through the pages.