Chapter Nine: This Crush Ain't Goin' Away

Aurelia
𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

I was in the bathroom drying my damp hair. I had just taken a shower in the spare bathroom worrying a bit. While staring in the mirror, I thought about everything. I worried for my parents. I missed my family for sure already. For the first time, I was with no one. First time, I at least had Alice and Jasper, the second time I only had my parents, and now here came the third and I had none. I got out the bathroom still drying my hair only to see Leah's door open. I walked over with a smile and knocked on the door frame seeing she looked up from the book she was reading.

" Hey"

" Hey, I didn't even know you got here. I was busy all day on patrol." She said sitting up with a smile." What's up? I been dying to talk to you all day."

" Me ? Really ?"

" Yeah, you're pretty cool granted I only met you once. Sit. Take a seat. I don't bite." Leah said making me smile and take a seat." So tell me Vamp girl, how's life ?"

" Sucks." I grumbled." Wish everything was back to the way it was. It was easier. It was less stressful."

" How was that ?"

" It was easy...my Mom and Dad didn't have to worry about vampires coming after me. All we had to worry was a small cold or my health. Now it's like a horror story." I said while Leah nodded leaning against her bed frame.

" It seems nice."

" It is. I mean, sure my parents are vampires, but...they're the best parents in the whole world." I said making Leah look up to me." They really care about me. I mean look at how much trouble there going through just to protect me. My real parents just dumped me in the woods and called it a day."

" They seem cool." Leah said with a smile before laughing." Your real parents are assholes for leaving you."

" Yeah." I said also laughing.

Leah smiled and sat more straight." How about boys ? Any boyfriends ?"

" Very funny." I laughed.

" What's so funny about that ?"

" I never had a boyfriend before." I admitted with a laugh.

Leah looked up to me a bit shocked from the news. It made me feel a bit embarrassed seeing just how much it shocked Leah. Was it that bad ?

" Really ?"

" Yeah, I never kissed a boy." I nervously admitted." Never had a first kiss, or even a relationship. Hell, I never even held a boy's hand really until it came to Seth. It sounds so stupid."

" It's not stupid." Leah said and I looked up to her smiling." It's pure. You don't see a lot of that now. People these days throw themselves at anything."

" Right." Aurelia said also smiling when her front door opened loudly. We both turned seeing a worried Seth standing there with his hair wet.

" Oh. Thank goodness. I couldn't find, Aurelia."

" I didn't even get to spend five minutes with her." Leah said making me laugh cause it was very true." Luckily, I finished having a talk with her, so you can have your Juliet back."

" Ha. Ha. Very funny, Leah."

" You love me, Seth."

" Bye Leah." I said with a laugh heading to the living room.

The smile soon came off my face and I sat on the couch looking up seeing Seth sit next to me. He looked at my face and in a heartbeat knew something was bothering me.

" What is it ? Something wrong ?"

" Everything." I answered with one word and looked over to him." That's all that comes to my head. I'm scared. I'm terrified. I'm petrified with the thought of not knowing what could happen next. Call me a wimp, call me a coward, but that's how I feel."

" There's no reason for you to be."

" There is. Victoria. The hair's on the back of my head stand with the thought of her. I can't let her hurt my family. There has to be some way I can help."

" Aurelia, you don't have to help." He said, but I looked away against what he said.

" That's what I hate. I hate, no, I abominate the idea that I can't do anything. Seth, there's no way there can be a entire battle happening and I just sit back doing nothing. I'm tired of that. I feel like I have this energy inside me that has to be let out to help."

" Well there is no way I'm letting you on that field."

" Why ? That's what I don't get. You just met me and now you suddenly want to throw your body in front of me if a bullet comes. You don't need to. I'm not...something you risk your life for."

" But you are." Seth said making look over to me again seeing the slight anger with what I said." Aurelia, there could be a grenade about to come and I would put my body over it for you. You must not see why your so important. You just have to know from me, that you are. You're so important. You're the most crucial thing in my life. Because of that, I'm not letting you throw your life away."

We stared at each other. I surprised to what he said and I think so was Seth. He started to lean forward and I smiled knowing, hoping for what was next. My body helped and moved her forward towards him. I closed my eyes ready when someone came through the door. Seth and I looked over hearing the door close and Sam appear.

" Seth. We need you for perimeter to see if any of the army came early or stalking Aurelia."

" Y-yeah." Seth said getting up a bit upset he didn't get to do what he was doing, but also understood it was his job to do this. He turned to me a bit concerned seeing I was already staring at him." Are you going to be fine here ?"

" Yeah, I'll hang out with Leah or something."

" Okay, you can take my room." Seth said leaning over and kissing my forehead. I smiled sadly since I wished those lips would of went south and connected with mine. Seth smiled to me before closing the door leaving with Sam. I took a deep breath before leaning into the couch groaning.

" Perfect timing, Sam." I whispered before getting up and walking to Leah's room only to see the girl was fast asleep.

I groaned again before closing Leah's bedroom door and walking to Seth's. I smiled seeing the room was a classic boy room, but it smelled like him and made me feel much at home. I found a post it note and saw it read.

Aurelia, when you done taking a shower, you can listen to some music - Seth

I smiled walking over to the curtains to close them when I felt odd. I looked to my hands, but I did not see it. I freaked out, but when I pulled my hands away from the curtain, I saw my hands there, not gone. I felt odd and closed it quickly before walking over to Seth's bed and listening to music. I smiled when the first song I heard was Crush by David Archuleta. It surprised me a bit, but I smiled feeling every lyric.