Chapter Ten: Cold

Aurelia
𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

I woke up to the sound of laughing and lifted my head  seeing I was in Seth's room. The ear buds fell out of my ears long ago, so I moved them out the way and went to Seth's bathroom using my toothbrush. Today was the day I guess. The day, I face another dangerous mission in order to save my life. I went to the kitchen seeing Embry, Jared, Quill, and Leah sitting around the table eating muffins. Embry looked up seeing me walk into the kitchen and laughed.

" Look, who's up."

" Hey Aurelia, Mom made some muffins." Leah said pointing to the mountain of muffins on the table. 

I shook my head laughing when Jared smiling with a mouth full of it," No thanks."

" You sure, these muffins are pretty good." Jared said trying to speak, but it was pretty muffled.

" I can tell." I teased leaning against the wall." I'm just not hungry right now."

" Okay, well come on. I should help you get ready for the battle." Leah said moving her chair and going with me to the room.

I couldn't believe it was already happening. I already had to get ready to meet Bella, Edward, and Jacob to go up the mountain. Leah knew a storm was coming, so she dressed me in deep blue jeans, a black long sleeve shirt. black boots, a black north face jacket, and topped it off with a gray beanie.

She even packed some of Seth's so I could wear if it got to cold for me. She was like a sister I never had. Someone my age that was protective and could talk about the same things I could. I smiled at her packing away all my belongings grateful that we were friends.

" Leah? Aureli ?"

" In here." Leah called out hearing the door unlock.

I turned around seeing Seth and smiled seeing he was perfect okay after keeping watch. My mind reminded me once again about last night and I blushed being pulled into hug.

" Hey beautiful, ready to go ?" He asked and I nodded my head turning to Leah.

" Yeah. Bye, Leah."

" Bye, I'll see you when all of this is over." Leah said before Seth and I took off to the meeting point. 

It wasn't so far since it was on the wolves land. When we got there, I smiled seeing Jasper, Bella, and Edward alone in the field. Jasper must have smelled me because he turned around and smiled.

" Hey kids, drop your bags off here so I can take it."

" I missed you." I said and hugged him tightly. Jasper smiled running his fingers through my hair feeling how hard I squeezed him.

" I missed you too, squirt."

" How's Mom and Dad ?" I quickly asked." Are they okay ? How about grandma and grandpa ? Aunt Alice ?"

" They're all okay. Your parents miss you a lot. Hey, Seth." Edward said moving out the way so he and Seth could talk. I turned around seeing in the distance Bella was rubbing her fingers on the trees and walked over.

" Bella ?"

" Hey Relia." She said giving me a smile.

" What are you doing over here ?" I asked making Bella look around seeing Edward in the distance not paying attention to what she was doing.

" I'm leaving my blood stains on the trees and leaves to rile up the newborn vampires or at least make them think that I am at the battlegrounds."

" That's smart. Hand me the needle."