Chapter Three: Campfire

Aurelia
𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

I heard the leaves crunch under my feet and some twigs snap. It was dark, so dark I almost couldn't see what was in front of me. I turned, hearing an owl hoot in the distance. I was disoriented. Why was I even in the woods alone, and why was I in the woods with no shoes and a white dress cut at the knee. I kept wondering, hoping some lighting would show up.

" Hello? Mom? Dad ?" I called out when something rustled the bushes.

I gasped in terror, seeing something run by, but again it was too mysterious to see anything. It rustled another bush. Then another. My heart was beating a bit too speedy for my liking, horrified of what was going on. That's when I saw red eyes in one of the bushes. It made the hairs on my arms stick up a bit. It then lunged at me showing to be Victoria.

" No !" I yelled, seeing I was back in my room.

" Hey, it's okay. It's okay." Dad whispered in my ear, holding me close." Shh...it was just a dream."

" It was Victoria." I couched, holding onto his shirt.

" She's not going to hurt you. I promise." Dad said lightly, pulling me from his chest and wiping the tears from my eyes." You're safe with me as long as I'm alive, and guess what? That's forever."

I laughed at his statement, knowing he was right. I turned to my clock seeing it was starting to turn into the evening. I had just wanted to take a nap for the day only to receive a nightmare.

" I hate always making you concerned about me.

" Okay, you're tensed. Wanna hear a joke?" Dad asked, and I nodded knowing his bad jokes always did make me feel better," Okay, I could tell a joke about pizza, but it's a little cheesy."

I couldn't help but laugh because of how bad it was. Dad believed he was such a good joke teller, but his Dad Jokes were incredibly terrible.

" Thanks, Dad. I needed that."

" Alright, come on get ready." He said clapping his hands together." Bella will be here soon."

I nodded taking the covers off, and went to my bathroom, brushing my teeth. I had to be tougher for dad, so he didn't worry about me so much. I couldn't let Victoria, of all people, terrify me when she could be millions of miles away from me. Sure, she tried to attack Bella and me and threatened me multiple times, but I had to trust my family that nothing terrible would happen. I rinsed my mouth and made my way downstairs fully dressed in regular clothes seeing mom in the living room with Edward and Bella, who by the looks of it, just got here.

" Hey. Ready to go?" Edward asked and I nodded my head.

" I guess." I joked causing him to laugh.

" Be careful, Relia." Mom practically begged kissing my forehead.

" I'll be fine."

" And be good." Dad added causing me to laugh at him.

I got in the back of Edward's Volvo placing my earbuds in while Bella and Edward talked and occasionally made out. I couldn't stop thinking about Seth wondering if I would see him. I bet he hanged out with Jacob sometimes. I was also stunned when my mom allowed me to go to La Push. I almost had to question if she was drunk once she told me the plans. I was troubled, but nonetheless, here I am with Bella going to La Push.

 The car stopped, so I looked up, seeing we got to Jacob's car on the side of the road where both lands met up. I got out of the car and saw how Edward was looking at Jacob.