Chapter Sixteen: What Imprint Really Means

Aurelia
𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟑𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

I was smiling sitting at my table by myself since my family was busy talking with others. I caught sight of Edward and Bella and gushed a bit. I could tell how happy Edward finally was and Bella was glowing of happiness. It was official, Bella was his and it seemed to brighten his eyes.I felt someone sit next to her and turned instantly smiling.

" Leah !"

" Hey ! I missed you so much." She said pulling me into a hug." How are you doing ? I mean, you look so different. How is that possible ?"

" Sixteen is a good year ?" I joked laughing along side her before asking the burning question in my head." How's Seth been since...you know."

" He doesn't sleep. When he does, it's only a little before he's off with Sam again working. When we're wolves, all he ever thinks is about you. He misses you. Aurelia, I don't think you get what imprinting means."

" What do you mean ? It pretty basic. Wolves fall for someone and a relationship is forced to be."

Her face fell," Aurelia, I'm so sorry."

I frowned at her apology," For what?"

" When I explained imprinting to you, I was mad at Sam. I gave you misinformation. Imprinting doesn't mean fake feelings. It's a way for a werewolf to find their soul mates. Understand this. Imprinting helps werewolves find the person there mean't to be with faster and to learn not to lose that person. Everything Seth feels for you is real." She explained deeply this time." You been gone for two months, do you feel pain here and there that's some times unbearable ? That's your connection with Seth. Your love." Leah said making me look down to her hands.

" I...I'm so stupid."

" No, your not. I thought imprinting was stupid too." Leah said when people started to clap there drinks together." I'll see you later."

" Okay." I said with a smile seeing the first person to go up to make a speech was my father. Mom groaned making me look over to her." What ?"

" Watch your father say something stupid."

"Excuse me. Is this on ? Hello ? Umm, I'd like to propose a toast. To my new sister. Bella, I hope you've gotten enough sleep these last 18 years. 'Cause you won't be getting any more for a while."Dad said and the whole place went silent baffled by his words.

" Told you." Mom said while taking a shot.

I laughed seeing the next person was Jessica to go up." Well, Bella was just like everybody else, totally mesmerized by Edward. Or "The Hair," as l call him and then, suddenly, Edward is all about Bella. Even though she's not the captain of the volleyball team. I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. Or the president of the student council."

" Edward will be a good husband." Charlie said on stage making Bella laugh." I know this because I'm a cop. I know things. Like how to hunt somebody to the ends of the Earth. And I know how to use a gun."

" Now that you're my sister, you'll have to get over your aversion to fashion. Skirts, heels, handbags."

" Go to sleep, my love." Renee sang and I could see Charlie fighting some tears." Go to sleep. When you wake. You'll see me."

" I'd like to thank Renee and Charlie for bringing such a wonderful person into the world and into our lives. We will cherish and protect her forever."

Bella got up and gave me a smile and I nodded following her onto stage noticing Dad pick up his guitar. Bella took the mic and smiled nervously to the crowd.