Chapter Two: Imprint

Aurelia
𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

" I called ! And I called! And I called ! And you did not pick up! It kept going to voicemail!" 

Mom was screaming her head off at me. The family stood around us, watching, and quailing a bit at how blatant she was getting. The more she yelled, the more I felt myself sink into the couch trying to divert my eyes from my angry mother and concerned Father.

" A phone is used to contact you from far! You had me running around Forks looking for you! Where on earth were you !?"

I looked over to my Uncle with pleading eyes. 

" Aurelia saw Bella hop on the back of Jacob's bike and followed them to La Push," Edward said, making mom snap her head at me beyond furious.

 I saw my life flash before my eyes and wish I had just run up the stairs when I got home. The rage my mother had was like a fire burning bright and fast. I just added gasoline onto a wildfire.

" Wha !"

" Nothing bad happened while I was there," I argued quickly, trying to calm her down.

" But something could of! Aurelia, what were you thinking ?!"

" I was thinking Bella was in danger, and I could help her if she was." I explained." Sorry, I wanted to go."

" Sorry is not going to cut it !"

" Go easy on her, Rose," Dad muttered, sitting right behind her, upset, but not scolding me like Mom was.

" She could of gotten hurt. I mean Aurelia seriously. You must want to die." Mom said, but when she realized what she said, she turned with a much softer look.

Aunt Alice gasped a bit, and Dad looked over to mom now like she had seven heads. I knew Mom was disconcerted, but the words caused me to tense. I looked up to my mother before grabbing my bag and standing up.

" Aurelia-"

" I'll be upstairs," I said, quickly running up the stairs.

I closed the door and threw my book bag on the floor before falling face-first on my bed. Life was supposed to be easier than this, but I felt it was getting more and more complicated. Lifting my head from the bed, I rolled over, staring at my ceiling. Seth was in my head, and I frowned at the thoughts.

I just met him, yet I missed him, yet I didn't know why I even missed him. Great teenage confusion. I knew barely anything about him. Not his favorite color or middle name or even his last name, but some how I told him one of my biggest secrets. And that was the part that scared me. How looking into his eyes, I wanted to tell him everything, to be a friend, to be with him.

At the realization, I grabbed my pillow placing it over my head trying to get him out of my head. I had bigger issues to deal with. By nightfall, I sat on my bed doing homework while listening to ACDC on my ipod. It was a habit to play rock music when angry, something I picked up from my Dad. I noticed a figure move by my door and looked over seeing Mom gently wave her hand and decided to take my earbud out to hear her.

" Hey, Baby girl, you have your father's taste in music." She teased sitting at my bedside.

" I have homework to do. Can you leave, please?" I asked, but my tone came out sharper than I intended.

Mom stared at me with a kind smile," You always did have my attitude. I understand, given I snapped at you first. I didn't mean what I said earlier." She said, making me look down at my lap, knowing it was now time to talk about what had happened earlier." I just worried about you...a lot. You're my baby girl. My only daughter. I worried about everything now since you're getting older, and you know how I feel about werewolves."