Chapter Seven: The Upper Hand

Aurelia
𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

I watched my father fly in the air before landing on the ground thanks to Jasper. I cringed a bit, but nonetheless, he got right back up as if nothing had happened. I found that part amazing. How they got hurt, but got up like nothing. Dad got up looking to Jasper before saying.

" Again."

" You sure you can take it again ?" I asked wearing workout clothes even though I  knew I wasn't going to do any workout. Dad would not let me move a muscle for this battle much to my disappointment and envy.

" Please Princess, I can handle anything."

I held my hands up in defense," Okay, whatever you say."

" Also, you can handle stuff." Dad said forgetting about Jasper and going over to me since I was confused. He looked over to see Mom talking with Esme." Maybe you should talk to your mother."

I looked away feeling guilty that Mom and I had not talked to each other since the party three days ago." She told you ?"

" Yeah, she's a bit hurt-"

" By what ?" I questioned becoming defensive." Is she seriously upset with me because I think I fell for a werewolf ? That's so stup-"

" Just." Dad interrupted stopping me from seeing I was a bit upset. 

He had a small smile on his face and I knew it was because I was not their biological daughter and sometimes it was hard for him to see it since my temper was similar to Mom's. That along with sass, stubbornness, and most of all the same glare.

" Talk to her." He calmly spoke." You have to and you will understand what I am talking about and what your mother is talking about."

" Okay." I said, but I knew I was not going to talk to my mother until she came to me.

The sound of a car coming was heard, so we turned seeing it was Edward and Bella. Everyone went in a circle, but I was still on top of Dad's car near them. The sound of crunching was heard so we all looked up seeing the wolves. I looked to each one, but oddly I did not see Seth.

" They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms."

" They came. That's what matters. Will you translate ?" Carlisle asked seeing Edward nodded." Welcome. Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them."

" They want to know how the 'newborns' is differ from us."

" They're a great deal stronger than us, because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful...than in our first several months of this life." Carlisle said making me look down to my hands.

" Carlisle's right." Jasper said moving further up." That's why they are created. A newborn army, doesn't need thousands like a human army and no human army could stand against them. The two most important things to remember are, first...Never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly. The second...Never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that and you will lose. Emmett ? Don't hold back."

" Not in my nature." Dad said and just like that took full charge at Jasper.

 Dad tackled Jasper then threw him in the air. Jasper went full speed towards him before having Dad on the ground. Even though it was my Uncle taking down my father, it made me jump in fear.

" Never lose focus." Jasper said before looking up towards Edward.

" Aurelia." I heard and turned to see Seth in human form coming from behind the car. He smiled seeing me and stood right next to the car.