Chapter One: Staring

Aurelia
𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

 I cycled my purple bike to school since Edward already left to pick up Bella. I didn't mind taking my bike since I honestly would rather do that than have to watch Edward and Bella make googly eyes at each other. It was nice that they both were in love, but I didn't want to see them smooshing each other's faces the whole car ride.

Plus, I didn't have any friends at school that could drive me. It didn't mostly come from trying to keep a vampire secret; no one liked the little girl that looked nothing like her family. That was why Beth Charles went around school saying to a lot of people. Since she was the top popular girl right behind Jessica Stanley, everyone followed her words.

I got to school and parked my bike in the front like the other students did. The sky was hazy like any other day in Forks, and I wished it was sunny soon only so I could stay home. When it was sunny, I would go outside without my family and soak up the sun, or sometimes mom and I would go on a picnic eating some fruits and talking about life.

" Hey, Loser. Still riding a bike ?" I heard and turned, watching Beth step out of her car and head in with her friends laughing.

" Not all of us use Daddy's money." I shot back, but she was already inside the building to even here me.

As bad as my family made it seem to kill humans, I hope that I take Beth out when I do turn. She honestly deserved it with how mean she was to children, fellow students, and even her own parents that brought her anything. A motorcycle roared to life, and I turned my head, watching Bella on the back of Jacob Black's motorcycle. They sped off, leaving Edward by himself, so I walked over, seeing the blow on his face.

" Why did Bella just go with Jacob ?" I asked, and he turned around, seeing it was me.

He smiled, but I could tell it was bogus." To visit an old face." He answered.

" Okay," I said, walking into the building, but when he wasn't looking, I took off on my bike to La Push.

I was allowed to go since I was human. It was just Vampires that couldn't. A couple of days ago, my dad, by accident, went to their side and almost died. That's the only reason I was going. I wanted to make sure Bella was safe. She was my family despite not being married in yet. By the time I got there, my phone had rung, and I knew mom must have found out I skipped school.

I didn't care. I'll just make some excuse if Bella didn't tell them. I walked the rest of the way with my bike in my hand. If I had to be honest with myself, I was afraid. Would they tear my head off because I was here? I went to turn back around when I bumped into someone's chest. I gasped and was caught before my back could hit the floor.

" Aurelia ?" Someone else asked, and I saw Bella come from behind Jacob with a confused face.

I smiled nervously and waved a bit." Hey."

" What are you doing here? Rosalie and Emmett must be worried." Bella said, and I rolled my eyes.

" They'll be fine. I'll make it by the last bell, so Edward thinks I went. Also, I came here because I saw you get on Jacob's motorcycle, and I wanted to follow you guys."

Bella still looked horrified," You're crazy."

" Aurelia, want something to eat? Emily just made cookies." Jacob said, and I smiled, nodding my head.

Jacob was always so nice to me. It could have been the pity when hearing my story or maybe because he was just so nice.

" Sure, I love cookies."

" Okay, just don't stare at Emily," Jacob said while we walked inside.

I was confused until I saw Emily herself. She was a very attractive young woman with bronzed skin and gorgeous black hair, but she had a scar on the side of her face, likely from a claw. She turned around and smiled, holding a tray of cookies.