Chapter Five: The Truth

Aurelia
𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝟮𝟵𝘁𝗵, 𝟮𝟬𝟬𝟲

I sat in the dining room twiddling my pencil in my hand while I thought about last night. Homework was not on my mind one bit. I wanted a friend and now I think I got a crush instead. I couldn't get Seth out of my mind at all. I wish Alice never came in and we did kiss. It was my dream now to kiss him. I bet his lips were soft and his skin was warm. I bet he would hold me tight afraid if he didn't, I would slip away.

" Aurelia?"

" Yeah !" I almost yelled coming back to reality and looking over to my Dad while blushing hard. I knocked over the pencil holder and laughed putting the remaining ones back in.

" You okay? You're a bit distant today." He asked and it made me think a bit about what I should say next. 

Should I tell him ? Will he freak out ? I need to tell someone besides Alice right ?

" Dad, you won't freak out if I tell you, right ?"

" Of course." He promised going over to clean some dishes.

" Okay...I have a crush on Seth Clearwater and I think he likes me back too."

Dad turned around quickly seeing I was being serious. He nodded slowly looking from me then to the floor multiple times.

" Okay...okay...okay...um..." He slowly spoke" Wow, parenting books can never prepare you for this moment. Usually, your mother helps me with this."

" You can't tell her." I warned making him look over to my worried face." Mom hates werewolves and I want to be the one to tell her. I want to tell her when I know my true feelings for Seth. I don't want her to freak out...or worse."

" Your mother will not freak out." He said slowly thinking and shaking his head." Never mind that was a lie. Anyway, I'm glad you told me this. I know it must be hard to tell a father you like someone. Just...be safe. Don't change for him. Don't do anything stupid also. I trust you since this might be your only boyfriend and I can tell this makes you happy. More human. That's all I want for you. He knows if he breaks your heart, I'll snap his neck right ?"

" Dad !"

" I'm kidding...partly." Emmett added seeing I playfully glare at him." Come on, Bella and Edward are downstairs."

" Okay." I laughed leaving my homework and going downstairs with Dad to see Carlisle wrapping her hand up.

" Trying to walk and chew gum at the same time again, Bella?"

" Dad, be easy on her. Walking is harder then it looks." I said making Bella laugh." What happened to you?"

" I punched a werewolf in the face."

" Bad ass." Dad and I said at the same time nodding our head.

" You're gonna be one tough little newborn."

" Tough enough to take you on." Bella said, but that some how made Mom upset. 

She slammed her newspaper on the ground huffing as she went to the balcony to cool off, but not without shutting the door loudly too.

Dad leaned forward to Bella," Don't worry about it."

" Yeah. I'll be upstairs." I said leaving the group while Bella went to the balcony with Mom.

 I stood on my own balcony seeing over to my left down below was the balcony Mom and Bella were on.

" Go blather to someone else about the joys of becoming a newborn." Mom snapped not bothering to turn around.

" Okay. Rosalie...I don't understand what I did, to make you hate me so much-"

" I don't hate you." Mom said while I sat on the ground and looked over to Mom hiding and keeping a low profile." I don't particularly like you, but...Bella, I envy you."

" What? That's ridiculous."

" No, it's not. You have a choice. I didn't. None of us did. But you do, and you're choosing wrong. I don't care how miserable your human life is."

" My life is not miserable." Bella defended." It's not perfect, but nobody's life is perfect."

" Mine was." Mom said before smiling now being the one staring in space." Absolutely perfect. Everything as I still wanted. To be married, with a nice house and a husband to kiss me when he came home. A family of my own. Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town. I barely knew him. But I was young. I was in love with the idea of love. On the last night of my life, I left a friend's house late. I wasn't far from home. They left me in the street, thinking I was dead. Believe me, I wanted to be. Carlisle found me, he smelled all the blood. Thought he was helping me."

" I'm sorry."

" I got my revenge on them. One at a time. I saved Royce for last, so he'd know I was coming. I was a little theatrical back then." Mom laughed tilting her head to the side." Things got better after I found Emmett. Even better when we adopted Aurelia. That girl saved me. The reason I keep her so close to me. I never want her to go through what I did. I love her."

" I love you too." I whispered with a smile on my face knowing Mom wouldn't hear it.

" But we'll always be this. Frozen, never moving forward. That's what I miss the most, the possibilities. Sitting on a front porch somewhere, Emmett gray haired by my side, surrounded by our grandchildren, their laughter. Aurelia happy with who ever she chooses to be a husband. Human. I wish Aurelia had your fate. The choice to be human or not."

Bella nodded her head and I could tell she was feeling guilty," I understand, that's what you want, but there's nothing I'll ever gonna want, more...than Edward."

" You're wrong again. After you've been changed, there's one thing you'll want more. One thing you'll kill for." Mom said before thinking long and hard about it." Blood."

I knew Mom had a point. I was going to love Seth and Bella, but being near them after I turned was dangerous. All I will want to do is kill them. The love I feel now will be blinded. How Ironic. Mom and Bella had gone in and I looked away from their balcony looking to the woods down below. The cold hair brushed over my skin and I shivered wishing Seth was here. He was a living furnace and I knew if he was here, he would warm me up easily.

I stared up at the stars closing my eyes imagining how life could have gone if the Volturi had never found me. I would of met Seth and not have to worry about leaving him. We could of been happy together getting know each other more. Mom and Dad wouldn't have to worry about me so much and could finally be at peace. The wind picked up some more chilling my bones. It was the little things she was going to miss. Temperature difference, sunlight, regular food, being tan, sleeping. They were all going to go away and there was going to be no way of gaining it back.