Chapter Fourteen: The Sixteenth Birthday

Aurelia
𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟏𝟐𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

I watched Forks zoom by in the back of the taxi wondering how much my hometown had changed since I left. Already two months and here I was again. To catch up on the crazy life of Aurelia Cullen, I broke my feelings for Seth two months ago...or that's at least what I wanted to believe. Luckily, being his imprint saved me from being a vampire, so here I was a human. I was back to being prone to sickness, paper cuts, and dying. I was happy on that part that I still had a chance.

I had the chance to have human friends once again without wanting to bite their head off. Whenever I did get the courage to go back to La Push, I could see Leah and Jacob without having to worry if my head was going to be torn off. Another update on my life was I had just returned from California where I took a small month vacation as a gift from my parents. It was the best trip ever, but all trips had to come to an end and mine did for a special event. 

Why ? 

Let's just say today, besides the day before Edward and Bella's wedding, was also my birthday. I smiled taking my seat belt off and handed the Taxi driver a fifty dollar bill seeing the excitement on his face.

" Thanks for the ride."

" No problem, Ma'am. Do you need help with your bags?"

I shook my head," No I got it." I said closing the door and opening the trunk to get my large suite case out.

Once the trunk was closed, the taxi driver stuck his hand out the window as a goodbye before heading down the street once again for his next trip. I lugged my suite case up the stairs before entering the house hearing it was silent. I wasn't surprised knowing Aunt Alice would have them working their tails off, right about now. When I walked into the backyard, I saw Bella in her wedding heels practicing while Alice watched her carefully giving instructions how how to walk in them. I smiled leaning carefully on the door frame noticing Alice was so engrossed on Bella to even hear me. Bella scrapped her heel again against the the floor and looked up to Alice nervous.

" You just have to break them in." Alice encouraged, but Bella groaned.

" l've been breaking them in. For three days. Can l just go barefoot ?"

" No, absolutely not." Alice gasped making me quietly laugh seeing how bewildered it made Alice when she said that.

I knew how much everything mean't to Alice and it wasn't even her wedding for crying out loud, but I understood Alice. No one ever got married and they always been secluded from the human world, so no fancy parties ever happened besides the every 10 years Mom wanted to renew her vow's.

" Just thinking it's a little much, you know ? The dress and the shoes, and all of this." Bella referred gesturing to the large decorations being set up

" No, it's exactly enough. Tomorrow will be perfect."

" She does have everything down to the nail." I said making the two women turn around.

Alice jumped for joy while I got off the door frame and walked over seeing my small Aunt all excited.

" Oh my goodness, Aurelia!" She laughed giving me a big hug." You look so different. Look at your hair it got so long."

" Wow, I almost don't recognize you, Relia." Bella said making me smile seeing Bella looked different herself. She almost glowed and her hair much longer and darker.

" I didn't think I look that different."

" Where do you want them, boss ?" Dad asked when he turned his head seeing I returned. I smiled and started waving seeing his eyes light up." Aurelia !"