Chapter Twenty: Fears

Third person
𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

Aurelia was in her room the fifth day still without eating or sleeping. She grew heavy purple bags under her eyes and it was obvious how much weight she lost. She wasn't skinny as Bella, but she wasn't her original weight either. Aurelia was too hung on the idea of helping that she didn't notice she needed help herself. Seth came into the rooms taking a shaky breath when he laid eyes on her. Aurelia didn't notice her change, but Seth did.

He was deeply worried seeing the purple bags, pale skin, and lost of weight. Normally, he would of went to Emmett or Rosalie for help, but they both were busy taking care of Bella and trying not to run outside and hunt. He also knew if he did bring them into it, Aurelia would be highly upset.

" Hey Aurie." Seth said coming in the room with a small smile. Aurelia didn't even look up from the old worn out book. She just raised her hand and did one tiny wave before placing it back on the bed." Wanna get some food ? Esme made some pretty good sandwiches."

" No, I need to focus."

" Aurelia, just one minute eat a small sandwich-"

" Seth !" She said in a harsh tone that it made Seth jump a bit.

He looked at her face and he was almost horrified. He never noticed how bad the bags and pale skin was until she actually looked at him, but the fury in her eyes was what caught him.

" I need to focus ! Just go back to the woods or something. Leave me the hell alone."

She turned back to her book not even registering what she had said to Seth or how much it hurt when she said it. Seth took in a deep breath and nodded leaving. He walked through the house still hearing Aurelia's voice in his head. He knew his dear, loving Aurelia would never say that. She was stressed, angry, and fearful right now and her attitude came from those traits. The lack of sleep and food did not help at all either.

Aurelia, back in her room, looked away from the book and to where Seth had left. I shouldn't have yelled at him. It's not his fault I haven't been eating or sleeping. She looked back to her book and flipped a page when she heard someone yell. She got off the bed and walked in the hall seeing Edward came out of the family library and slammed the door. Bella.

Aurelia got up almost collapsing on the floor with black dots filling her vision. She ignored it and jogged over to the door slowly opening it seeing Bella covering her face while she cried. Aurelia couldn't believe it. Did Edward yell at her ? Why would he yell at her ? He never had yelled at her for anything. Then again, I just did the same to Seth. Aurelia closed the door behind her making Bella gasp and uncover her face.

" Aurelia. I didn't expect you to come here."

" I heard him yell at you. What did he say ?" Aurelia said grabbing a chair that was near by and sitting near her.

Aurelia reached over and grabbed Bella's hand feeling how cold and clammy it was. It frightened Aurelia to even squeeze her hand from how skinny it was and how easily she could feel the bones and veins pumping.

" He's upset. So upset about all of this. I just want him to understand." She cried with her lips quivering a bit." Aurelia, I swear, there is a baby growing inside me that was made by Edward and I. I'm tired of hearing from everyone it's a fetus or creature. It's a baby. My baby. Our baby."

Aurelia couldn't hide the sorrow and anger in her face. Bella was right. It was becoming obnoxious how many times everyone said it was a monster when it could be a little baby.

" I believe you. Can I try something ?" Aurelia asked.

" Sure." Bella said seeing Aurelia got up, no longer holding her hand, and grabbed her wand from her boot.