Chapter Eight: Memories

Aurelia
𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

" Aurelia...Aurelia wake up honey." I heard which lulled me from a dark paradise where all I had to do was sleep. I cringed a bit not wanting to hear the voice.

" Aurelia..."

" W..hat ?" I said not opening her eyes, but still cuddling into my blankets." Someone just better be dead if you're waking me up this earlier."

I wanted to sleep. I wanted to stay in the soft comfort. I hoped if I answered it might go away sensing the urge to keep sleeping.

" Aurelia, wake up. Seth's here." Mom said causing me to slowly open my eyes to see Seth and Dad surrounded my bed looking worried.

I sat up in seconds confused." What's going on ?"

" Bella figures out who was behind the newborn attack." Dad said looking worried before saying the next thing." Victoria."

" Victoria ?" I gasped." She's back ? She's coming here ?"

" We think so."

" The plan is to have to safe. Bella is staying with Edward and you are going to the Clearwater's. It's safer for you to be with the wolves because their scent mask yours. If Victoria comes to Forks, she won't know where you are." Mom said seeing turning to the boys with a small smile." Can you give us a minute ?"

" Sure."

" We'll pack the car." Dad said leaving the room with Seth. When the door closed, Mom turned to me seeing I was already looking to her.

" Aurelia-"

" What changed your mind ?" I asked noticing how easily she was letting me go to La Push.

" He's...nice. Plus, he's willing to protect you, but you know that's not why I was mad right ?" Mom admitted.

I frowned," What ?"

" Aurelia, I got upset because...I'm your adoptive mother. You never had a boyfriend before and when you do, you didn't tell me anything. You didn't tell me when you met or how he made you feel. It then got me more upset when I found out your father and Alice knew before me." Mom said moving closer and holding my hands." That's something a mother and daughter are suppose to talk about. That's what I always wanted between you and I."

" I didn't think of it like that. I just thought you would ban me from seeing him cause you didn't like Werewolves."

" I'll tolerate them for you." Mom said making me smile. 

I should never underestimate her.

" By the way, your not my adoptive mother." I said confusing Mom a bit, but I smiled." You're my mother. You raised me. You changed every diaper and fed me every bottle. You watched me grow."

" I love you so much." Mom said hugging me tightly." Now, come on. You need to hurry. All of us aren't sure when the attack will happen. We're waiting for Alice to have a vision."

" Okay." I said watching Mom walk out only for Seth to walk in.

" I called my Mom. We have no extra space, so you can sleep with either Leah or me. She says it's your choice cause she trusts you." Seth said only to see my unsure face. I couldn't even mask my fear. I nodded getting up and grabbed a duffle bag." You okay ?"