Chapter Twenty Seven: Irina

Third person pov
𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

A month had passed since Renesmee was born and she had already looked like a four year old compares to an innocent newborn. It made every moment for everyone special. Everyone hoped they would have time with the new baby in the family like they had with Aurelia, but it seemed like a dream. Currently, Aurelia, Seth, Jacob, Bella, and Renesmee were outside in the snow.

The weather had been a little odd and snowed in early April. Renesmee had never seen the snow before and begged Bella and Jacob. Aurelia tagged along to watch Renesmee too and Seth came to watch her. Jacob had phased into a wolf, but Seth stayed human with his arm around Aurelia's waist seeing Renesmee come over.

" Look, a snowflake."

" It's beautiful. Why don't you go get another one ?" Bella asked and Renesmee nodded her head before running off into the snow and catching some more." Edward thinks that we'll find answers in Brazil."

" Why ?" Aurelia asked.

" There are tribes there that might know something." Bella said with a smile on her face when she saw Renesmee jump in the air to catch more. Renesmee's head shot over and so did the others seeing on a mountain was someone.

" Renesmee." Aurelia called and the little girl landed on the ground quickly and over to her cousin. Aurelia placed Renesmee behind her before looking to Bella." Who was that ?"

" I think that's our cousin from Denali. Irina !" Bella called out, but when she did, Irina ran fast. Bella took off and in a flash, Aurelia got her wand out, placing a spell over her before running the same speed Bella was. When they got to a cliff, Bella and Aurelia looked down only to see a splash where she must have jumped in." Why would she jump ?"

" I have no clue. We should head home. Tell Grandpa what happened." Aurelia said and Bella nodded. Quickly, they made it home and told the family what they saw. Carlisle was a bit baffled by it and Esme felt a bit sorrow. Carlisle that minute called the Denali's and talked to them before telling his own family.

" Tanya convinced lrina to come reconcile with us."

" It looks like she changed her mind."

" Seeing Jacob and Seth must have been too much for her." Esme suggested while Bella nodded her head.

" Wish I could have just spoken to her."

" She's family. She'll come around." Carlisle said before placing his arm around Esme. Edward looked over to his daughter hitting two keys on the piano. That caught her mind and she placed two keys before smiling at her father. Edward smiled also and began to play the piano. Seth placed his arm around Aurelia's waist and smiled.

" You okay ?"

" Yeah, it's just... Irina. I have a bad feeling." Aurelia whispered knowing everyone else can hear her, but Renesmee hopefully. Seth nodded his head looking over to her.

" That's normal to think about it, but let's not." Seth suggested and she nodded looking back to her uncle playing. Soon Renesmee joined in doing it even more perfect if it was even possible. Renesmee looked up seeing the eyes on her and blushed looking a bit scared. She looked up again, but this time to Aurelia. She gave off a smile to the young girl and without words made motions to breathe. Renesmee did and smiled getting the hang of it. That was until Alice dropped a vase and looked to everyone scared.

" What is it, Alice ?"

" The Volturi. They're coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus, the Guard. And lrina."

" Honey, come here." Bella said seeing how scared her daughter was. Renesmee was quick to get up and over to her mother. Aurelia looked away from her cousin and towards her aunt in defence mode.

" Why ?"

" What did lrina see in the woods ?"

" We were just walking."

" Ness was catching snowflakes."

" She was jumping high in the sky to get them." Aurelia said and seen the answer hit Edward right in the face.

" Of course. Irina thinks Renesmee's an lmmortal Child."

" The lmmortal Children were very beautiful." Carlisle started in the library with everyone, but Renesmee and Rosalie since no one wanted the young child to hear." So enchanting. To be near them was to love them, but their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread."

" The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the Children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed. Their creators grew very attached and fought to protect them. Long-established covens were torn apart. Countless humans slaughtered. Traditions, friends, even families. Lost."

" So the Denalis' mother made an lmmortal Child ?"

" Yes and she paid the price."

" If Irina knows what this feels like, why would she do it to us ?" Aurelia asked a bit upset. Emmett placed his hand on her shoulders to calm her down.

" We do not know. Maybe to get revenge on the wolves killing Laurent for Bella."

" Well, Renesmee's nothing like those children. She was born, not bitten. She grows every single day."

" So can't you just explain that to the Volturi ?" Jacob asked fearing the result of his imprint.

" Aro has enough proof in lrina's thoughts."

" So we fight."

" Their offensive weapons are too powerful. No one can stand against Jane."

" Alec's even worse."

" Maybe Aurelia can." Seth said making everyone look to the boy right next to him. For a second, he regretted saying it out loud, but the minute it came, he grew confidence." Aurelia is the strongest and only wizard. Maybe she could."

" It might be impossible."

" Well, then we convince them."

" They're coming to kill us, not to talk." Emmett said and it caused a shiver to fall down Aurelia's spine.

" No, you're right. They won't listen to us, but maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world."

" I won't ask them to fight."

" Not fight. Witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen." Edward said and Esme nodded her head before reaching over to him.

" We can ask this of our friends."

" Seth and I can go to Spain and contact the Garcia's." Aurelia volunteered looking over to her father seeing he nodded.

" India, Alaska, we have tons of places." Edward said before looking over to his worried wife then to his family that had the look of both determination and worry." We can win."