Chapter Twenty-Three: Patience

Third person

Day One
𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

Everyone was in different sections of the house doing something. Edward, Carlisle, and Jasper were with Bella recalling everything that happened during the labor and why she wasn't reacting to the venom. Esme, Leah, Seth, Jacob, and Emmett were in the kitchen talking and cooking. The wolves were starving and Esme was happy to make anything. Alice, Rosalie, Aurelia, and Renesmee were in the living room cooing over the baby.

No one changed since the birth and fight. Edward and Aurelia still had their blood clothes on from the horror blood, but they didn't seem to mind. The only people really did change was Jacob and Renesmee being all squeaky clean. Aurelia smiled looking over to the small baby. She had beautiful brown eyes and already a full set of hair.

" She's beautiful."

" She looks so much like Bella, yet at the same time like Edward." Aurelia said moving some hair on Renesmee's head while she slept. Rosalie and Alice nodded their heads with smiles.

Rose turned to Aurelia and smiled." Esme made you a sandwich. Go eat, we'll be fine."

" Okay." Aurelia said pressing a small kiss to Renesmee's head before leaving to the kitchen.

Already Renesmee had Aurelia wrapped around her finger. Being Aurelia's actual first baby cousin, she vowed to protect the child. She got to the kitchen seeing the wolves, Emmett, and Esme talking. Esme looked up with a sweet smile and it traveled to Aurelia's own face. She was glad to see her grandmother and father's eyes gold. Back to normal.

" Aurelia, I made you a sandwich dear."

" Thanks." Aurelia said taking a seat next to Seth. She ate her sandwich a bit lazy, beyond tired from today's adventure. Carlisle and Jasper came into the room making everyone look over to him on the edge of their seat.

" Bella seems to be in a coma for now. We don't know when she will wake up, but we just need to make sure her heart is still beating." Carlisle said and everyone nodded their heads.

It was 1 AM when Aurelia came into the room Bella was in. She seen Bella was still looking gruesome with her stomach sliced open and some blood still on the floor. She looked over to her uncle seeing him stare at Bella's still body.

" Edward ?" She called out while walking into the room. He didn't look up, but he smiled knowing who it was already. Aurelia walked over behind him and placed both her warm hands on his shoulder." How's it going ?"

" She's not moving, but her heart is beating. I don't know what to think."

" I'm sure she's fine. Bella's really strong and you have to remember, her body was under stress before she went into the coma. Maybe the venom has more of a job to do then normal people being turned." Aurelia said and Edward placed his cold hand over her right hand. She squeezed it." Have you seen Renesmee yet ?"

" Only when she was born."

" She's beautiful. A true mixture of you and Bella. I'll bring her around when Bella looks less gruesome."

" I'm scared to move her." Edward said basically answering why she was laying here still opened up and bloody with her eyes wide open.

" That's understandable." Aurelia yawned loudly.

" You should get some sleep."

" I don't think anyone is sleeping or resting today."

" That's cause majority of the people living here are vampires, Relia." Edward said which made her crack a laugh out due to how true the statement was.