4- After All, Everyone Must Wake Up

Dumbledore heads to the Slytherin dormitories. This had gone too far. All of the professors agreed not to interrupt Skyler in her time of grief and mourn, but she turned into a walking corpse. When he opens the door of the girls' dormitory, he sees how Skyler is wrapped up in a red cloth. "Good morning, Ms Foster." He says, waking her up.

∞∞∞

"Good morning, Ms Foster." Skyler hears a kind voice say, and immediately, she's awake. She turns around, seeing professor Dumbledore standing in her room. "Professor! Good morning to you too. Wait- Morning? I went sleeping at 11 o'clock this morning!" Skyler exclaims, her brains not started, yet. "She talks!" Dumbledore jokes. A slight blush goes over Skyler's face. "Yeah, well, I'm truly sorry for my behaviour. I promise to improve it, and that I'll get better before school starts." She mumbles. Dumbledore smiles. "Why wouldn't you be broken down? Your uncle and best friend died... That's hard, and you have all right to mourn. Anyways, Hagrid's taking you to Diagon Alley today. Here's your letter." Dumbledore hands Skyler her letter, and walks out of the room. "Professor?" He stops when she calls for him. "Yes?" "That man with golden hair? Is he the new DADA teacher?" Dumbledore nods in agreement. "Yes he is." Skyler shrugs. "Okay. Just interested." She takes out a black t-shirt and a dark blue jeans. "I'm going to get ready." Dumbledore nods, and leaves the room. Skyler looks in the mirror when she's ready. Her hair bothers her. It's to girly. To much of a reminder of the helpless girl she once was. She searched for her sword. Taking her hair in one hand, she cuts it off. It's till her shoulders now, and she likes it. It'll grow back, eventually. She looks more like a warrior now. More like she wants to be.

∞∞∞

Skyler walks into the Great Hall, looking at the ceiling. "Ms. Foster! I see you slept well." Professor Snape says with a ghost of a smile over his face. "Yes, professor, I did. I feel reborn, truly." She answers with a small curtsey, before heading for her spot on the Slytherin table. She scoops up a little toast with meat, for she knows not to eat very much after a long time of not eating anything. After breakfast, she takes her backpack, her medallion and her cloak, and walks to Hagrid's cottage.

_______________

Are you guys liking it so far? -XXX