Chapter 9 "The Supply Run":

Gabe's POV:
The next morning I sat downstairs with the rest of the group to eat breakfast. And if I'm being honest I don't think I've had a better breakfast in years. As much as I dislike Marlon, he can make a pretty good bacon and eggs breakfast. "So Gabe tell me about yourself." Louis then asked me as I sat down to eat my breakfast. "Well a few months ago my community was overrun by mue...." I began to say until Louis interrupted me. "No no no. I mean with Clem. Tell me about you and Clementine." Louis said as I felt a little awkward. "Well me and Clem have been best friends since she was 13 and I was 14. We both played a pretty big part in taking out the new frontier and after that was all done she left to go get AJ and now four years later here we are." I filled them in. "Do you by chance, I don't know, have significant feelings for her?" Louis asked as I felt even more awkward. "Well I...I...." I stuttered until Clem entered the room.
Clem's POV:
"Good morning guys. As you might know we are running a little low on supplies and food. So I will be going on a supply run today. I will take one of you with me but no more. Some of you need to stay here to take care of AJ and Ten. So who's coming with?" I asked the group. To be honest, I was hoping it would be Gabe. It would be a perfect opportunity to tell him how I truly feel even if he doesn't feel the same way. "I'll go with you Clem. It'll give us time to... talk." Louis said as he angrily looked at Gabe. "No, I'll go with Clem. She'll need a good Huntsman to track down the food for her." He says almost like I'm just a defenseless damsel. What a dick!
"I want to go with Clem!!" Louis said standing from the table in anger. "No, I want to go with Clem! She doesn't need a useless pussy like you, Louis!!" Marlon barked. The two of them continue to argue which one of them would go with me for at least 20 minutes. It was super fucking exhausting. And as I mentioned before I didn't want to go with either one of them I wanted to go with Gabe.
"Hey why doesn't Gabe go?" We heard Violet ask as Gabe shot his head up with surprise from his breakfast. "Huh, what?" Gabe asked in confusion. "Just said maybe you should go with Clem on the supply run." Violet repeated. "OK that sounds fun. I'm always up for a good supply run." Gabe said until Louis looked back in his direction. "Oh hell no!! Why the fuck should he go?! He's the new guy! For we know he could be fucking sabotaging us." Louis barked as I barked at him back in protest. "Are you out of your goddamn mind, Louis? Gabe is my closest friend! Hell he's the closest friend I've ever had. He would never betray me or anyone in this group." I backed him down.
"So Gabe, are you up for a little supply run?" I asked him hoping he would say yes. "Hell yeah!! Whenever you're ready to go just let me know." Gabe said as I felt relieved that he said yes. "OK well I'm going to go get ready. So Gabe, be ready in an hour." I told him as he nodded and we went to get ready.
Gabe's POV:
If I'm being completely honest, I'm not really one for supply runs. After Violet suggested I go with Clem on the supply run, I thought it would be an awesome opportunity and the perfect opportunity to tell Clem how I truly feel. And if she doesn't feel the same way I'll be a little heartbroken but I'm sure I'll get over it. Someday. After an hour we came over to the truck, Clem said goodbye to AJ and we drove off to wherever we were going. I was a little nervous about what might happen, but all I have to do is be like Javi was; Be strong, be confident, and assume that no matter what happens everything will be all right. So no matter what happens, all I know is that me and Clem will be all right. Hopefully.