Chapter 45 "Parental Love":

Gabe's POV:
Later that night, we were allowed to go back home with Mari. We asked Eleanor and Dr. Kirkman to not tell anyone about the pregnancy because we wanted to break the news ourselves tomorrow. We put AJ to bed and placed Mari in her crib as I saw Clem hovering over it. "We're official parents now, Gabe. We have a sweet little innocent baby girl in our lives and it's our job to love her, protect her, and always take care of her. It's still crazy to me." She said as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "Yeah, I know right?" I answered as we just stared at our sleeping baby in happiness. "You know what this means right? This means changing, feeding, entertaining, burping, and so much more." She said as she slowly caressed Mari's cheek. "Yeah, but we'll get through it together." I told her kissing her cheek. I then decided to be naughty and squeeze Clem's ass which made her jump a little. "Gabe, you fucking dork. Are you grabbing my ass?!" She asked sounding both flattered and kinda irritated. "What can I say, you have the nicest ass." I whispered back as she smiled and kissed my forehead. "Let's just go to bed before I kick your ass." She said as I nodded. We then went into our bedroom, got in bed, and fell asleep.
Clem's POV:
I was sound asleep at 3 o'clock in the morning when I suddenly heard our baby crying from her room right next to ours. Her cries were loud enough to wake both me and Gabe up. "Go back to sleep, baby. I got it." Gabe said as he was about to get out of bed until I stopped him. "No Gabe, you go back to sleep. I'll take care of it." I volunteered. "No Clem. If I go back to sleep and you do it, I'm just gonna feel guilty. So just let me take care of it. She's probably hungry." Gabe then said. "Then if I go back to sleep and you have to do it, I'll feel even more guilty than you probably will. Don't worry dork, let me take this one. I haven't had as much interaction with my child than you have. So just go back to bed and I'll take care of her, OK?" I said is Gabe threw up his arms and just replied, "Fine then. I'll go back to bed." He said as he went back to sleep. "Well you just gonna go back to bed like that?" I sarcastically joked as he then shut up and yelled, "But you just told me to go back to bed!" "Relax dork, I was just joking. I'll go right now. You try to get some sleep. I'll be back in no time." I told him as I got out of bed and left in my underwear and bra to go take care of out crying little baby girl.
I got in the room to see her rolling around crying in her crib. Damn even when she's crying she's adorable. I lifted her up out of her crib and begin to rock her in my arms while I whispered, "It's OK, sweet pea. It's OK. Mama's here." She still continued to cry as I remembered what Gabe said earlier. "Are you hungry baby girl? Is that it?" I asked not expecting an answer. I then sat down in the rocking chair and undid my bra in order to breast-feed her like Kate taught me too. Mari's mouth then attached to my right nipple and begin to suck on it in order to eat. "There you go, sweet pea. That's it. Drink mommy's milk. Oh you're such a good baby. My cute little baby girl." I whispered to her as she continued to drink my breast milk. It felt weird at first but as a continued on it just felt... Natural. I think I can get used to being a real mom for once in my life.
After the baby stop drinking, I put my bra back on and put her back in her crib. I then stroked her cheek and began to sing her a lullaby.
"Rock-a-bye baby on the treetop. When the wind blows us, the cradle will rock. When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. And mommy will catch you, cradle and all." I sing as it didn't take long for Maria to fall back asleep. I didn't give her a kiss on the forehead and whispered, "Good night my little darling." As I was about to leave, I felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist as I knew they belong to Gabe. "Wow, you are such a good mommy." He said as hearing him say that made me feel good inside. "Thanks babe, I mean I do have experience from when AJ was just a baby. It's just kind of different because she's made up of my DNA. Hell, she's made up of our DNA." I told him as we just stared at her beautiful baby girl as she is just the cutest baby I've ever seen. I would die to keep it safe. "I know what you mean, Clem. I always wanted a child since I was young and actually have one is kind of a miracle to me. But we have one job, to give her a better childhood and a better life than we ever had. Give her the chance to be normal and live a normal life with a big brother and two parents who love her so much." Gabe said is that made me feel good as well. "I feel the same way Gabe. But we should probably get to bed we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow. After all everyone else is going to meet the baby so let's head off to bed now." I said is Gabe nodded and we then went back to sleep.