Chapter 28 "What Now?":

Gabe's POV:
I walked into Dr. Kirkmans office as the first thing I saw was my girl crying. "Hey Clem, what did the doctor.... Baby, what's wrong?  Why are you crying?" I asked her as she got off the hospital bed and hug me super tight while still crying. "I'll just let you to handle this." Dr. Kirkman said as he then left the room. "Seriously Clem, you're starting to scare me. What's wrong?" I asked her again as that only made her hug me tighter to the point tgat it started to hurt a little. "Gabe, I need to tell you something. And it might seem scary to think about or even talk about, but it something that we need to discuss." She then finally told me as she let go of the hug.
"What are you talking about, Clementine? Wait a second, you're not breaking up with me are you?!" I said nervously because I thought she would say yes. "No! No! It's kind of the opposite actually." She told me as I sighed with relief. "Well whatever it is Clem, I'll be with you and will never leave your side. I promise you that." I told her as I wiped a tear from her eye. "It's just such a huge change in our lives and I don't know if I'm ready for what's possibly about to happen." She then said is that only confuse me more.  "Clem, just tell me what's going on. Because whatever it is, we will get through it together." I tried to reassure her and she then began sharing a few more tears. "Do you mean that? That you will never leave my side as long as you live?" She asked as I flipped a piece of hair behind her ear and said, "Of course, Clementine. You're the love of my life and no matter what, I'm always on your team and you can always count on me to be there for you and AJ unconditionally."
There was a quick moment of awkward silence as I could tell she was thinking of what to say to me. "OK here it goes. Gabe... I'm pregnant. You're going to be a father. Like a real father." She confessed as my mind went insane by the news. The fact that Clem and I were possibly having a child just made my thoughts go off the fucking rails. "Are you... Are you serious?! I'm going to be a daddy?" I asked in shock as Clem just nodded her head sadly. I quickly put her in my in brace as tears began to dominate my face as well. "Oh Clem, I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry. This is all my fault." Said in a sorrowful tone. "No Gabe, it's not your fault. I was the one that asked you to do it inside me. So don't blame yourself." She tried to assure me but I still couldn't help but feel guilty. "So what are you... what are we gonna do? Are we going to abort it or are we actually going to have the baby?" I asked her as she just gave me the saddest look I've ever seen on anyone's face ever. "I... I don't know Gabe. I just need time to think about it and to process what's going on." She told me as I nodded my head and told her, "OK I understand. But just know this Clem, whatever you plan to do, I'm cool either way. If you want to abort the baby then I'm okay with it. If you want to keep the baby, I'm fine with that too. As long as it's your decision to make and yours alone." Then shared a quick kiss as I exited the doctors office in complete silence as I still couldn't believe that I could be an actual daddy. But it all really depends on what Clem really wants to do.
Clem's POV:
After Gabe left the office, I began to think really hard of what we should do with the baby. I had a lot to consider about it. There is the factor that we live in a world full of roaming dead people and trigger-happy assholes. So it's not exactly the safest place to raise a baby. But on the other hand, it would be so adorable to see a little baby Gabe or maybe even a little baby me running around the community. I mean I raised AJ alone when he was a baby after his parents died so maybe I could with my own. I mean at least this time I would have Gabe right by my side to help me raise it. But it also be extremely risky to have a child right now. Especially since the threat of Carl is still out there. Not to mention that the baby would require a lot of food, supplies, and attention especially from me and Gabe since we would be its parents.
I mean ever since I left Richmond though, I always imagine what my future would be with Gabe if we ever reunited. I imagined us  just getting married and starting a family of our own. So in a weird way, having a baby with him has been a dream of mine for years. Also people like Rick, Kate, Marlon, Violet, and even AJ could help us raise our baby and provide a proper future for it. I mean Alexandria seems like a safe community to raise a child and it seems to have plenty of baby formula for us if we need it. a while more of thinking, I had finally come to a decision as I waved goodbye to Dr. Kirkman who had just reentered the office as I left to go find Gabe and tell him my final decision.

Sidenote: Thank you guys so much for making this story the #1 hottest gabentine story. Thank you all so much.

 Thank you all so much