Chapter 35 "Rescue Mission":

Gabe's POV:
Rick and Kenny snuck up to the front gate without the guards noticing them as they quietly plant the C-4 on the main gate while I held the detonator. They then snuck back to where we were as I began to distribute the weapons to everyone. "OK. Let there be fireworks in Three... Two... One!!!" I quietly shouted out as I pushed the button on the detonator as the main gate exploded like crazy probably killing a lot of guards. "Alright everyone, it's time to kick some ass, take some names, and save some lives." Kate yelled out as we then charged towards the new frontier base in rage. As we entered the base, I saw a horrific yet familiar face. "Oh Gabriel. I should have known you were still alive." The woman said as my rage only increased rapidly. "Joan!! You fucking bitch!!" I yelled out flipping her off. " well so much for a civil entrance. Guards, go get them and bring them to me. I could use some more... "workers"." Joanne ordered her man as they came out and started firing at us. We all had to duck for cover as we were firing back as well. "Wow this is like old Richmond all over again." Kate said she kept firing her pistol. "You and I remember old Richmond very differently." I said back as I continued to fire my AK-47 at them.
Guard after guard after guard fell to the ground dead as our accuracy was on fucking point. I could tell Joanne was getting aggravated at the fact that we were out matching her guards. We all looked up from her hiding places as we just saw a field of dead soldier bodies as we all let out a nice sigh of relief. "God fucking dammit!! Carl, get more of the soldiers out here now!!!" She screamed out as she retreated into the one building. "Carl?! That sack of shit is here?! That means I have to get the Clem before that asshole does. "All right we need to spread out. Kate and Marlon, you guys go on the lookout for more guards. If you see any take them out." I ordered them is Marlon just shrugged and said, "You don't even need to ask bro." As they ran off to do what I told, I looked over to Rick and said, "Rick, I need you to stock up as many supplies as possible take whatever you can to put it in this duffel bag. If you are to find any baby supplies, take that as well. And also, I'm counting on you to free the other prisoners." You got it Gabe." Rick said before taking off to do that. "And Kenny, you're with me to go get Clem free." I said to him is he smiled at me and said, "Now that sounds like a plan, kiddo." We then ran into the building where Joan was as I had a good feeling that is where Clem was being kept.
Clem's POV:
I was putting away medical tools when ice heard us sudden explosion come from the main gate of the community. Eleanor became startled as I heard her exclaim, "What the fuck was that?!" I took a look in the hallway to see the guards that were guarding the medical bay leave to take care of the situation outside. "I'll tell you what this is. This is our ticket out of here. Now let's go." I told her and Abel as they nodded and we all ran out of the room. We made it to the bottom floor where we saw some of the guards being fended off by two men with eyepatches. Luckily for me, one of the dead guards draft is gone near my feet so I picked it up and started helping the two men and started firing at the guards. Soon Abel and Eleanor did the same as it didn't take long until all of the guards in front of us were dead. "Oh thank you so much. You sent me fr...." I said until I saw the one man's face. All of a sudden, a feeling of loss joy for this person has certainly come back into my soul.
"Kenny?! Is... is that you?!" I said as I was still in disbelief to be seeing him in front of me. "Come here please give this old man a hug, darlin." Kenny said with tears of joy as well. I dropped my gun and didn't hesitate as I read to him and we wrapped her arms around each other in a hug. "I can't believe it's you. I thought I'd never see you again." I said as my tears of joy so the shoulder of his shirt. "Same here, Clementine. Same here." He responded. I then looked over his shoulder and saw the love of my life stabbing one of the guards in the head so he didn't turn. I quickly let go of Kenny and ran up to him shouting, "GABE!!!" "CLEM!!!!" He shouted back as we read each other in the biggest hug I've ever given in my life. Even more than the one I just had with Kenny. We let go of each other as we smashed our lips together passionately as I missed kissing him. We separated our lips and turned back to look at Kenny who had a look of anger and confusion.
"What the hell do you think you're doing, Latino boy?!" Kenny asked with a hint of rage in his tone. "Come on Kenny relax. Gabe here is my boyfriend." I told him as he was even more angry and confused. "Boyfriend?!" He asked the both of us. "Yes Kenny, my boyfriend. Not only that but... I am also... pregnant with our baby. We'll just talk about it later." I told him as his look of confusion disappeared and now it was just pure rage and hatred towards Gabe. "Oh you bet your ass we will." He commented as I chose to ignore him for a second and just focus on Gabe. "I'm so glad to see you. After you left I couldn't live with myself. So I left AJ with Violet and went after you in hopes of finding you. And here we are." Gabe admitted as I felt touched he went out of his way to find me. "God Gabe I fucking love you and your passion and devotion for me and our family." I told him as we gave each other another quick kiss and then Gabe kneeled down and touched my slightly bulged stomach. "Hi little one. Those bad people didn't hurt you did they? Daddy loves you and will never leave you again. Cross my heart." He cooed and kisses my stomach repeatingly as I was just happy to have him back.
Gabe's POV:
After I repeatedly kissed my girlfriend's baby bump, I looked behind her to see a familiar face. "Holy shit! Eleanor?! What the hell are you doing here?" I asked surprised to see her. "I was taken hostage by the new frontier a year ago and have been here ever since as a prisoner." She answered as we shared a quick hug. After we let go I then noticed another very familiar face right next to her. "Hey, Abel!! It's nice to see you again. I guess our paths didn't cross a second time didn't they?" I asked Him as I was both surprised and glad to see him again. "Yes they sure did, young one. But we have to stop Joan and her henchmen. For months, she has been planning a huge expansion plan in order to gobble up as many communities as possible. Luckily you were able to hold off her taking over Alexandria for now. But if she escapes, then guess where she'll go first." He said as I already knew that should've been our plan like she took out The Kingdom and Prescott years ago.
"HEY!!!" A man said as we turned around to see Carl holding up a shotgun. "Look out!" Abel yelled out to me as he jumped in front of me as Carl pulled the trigger. I then saw the shotgun bullet pass into Abel's head as his blood splatter all over my face. I was horrified to see his dead corpse resting in front of me. "Abel!!! NO!!!!" Shout out as I then looked back up at Carl with my rage now meeting maximum capacity. Carl tried to shoot again at me, but the gun got jammed as you do it to the ground and ran away. "Get back or you fucker. You'll stay here while I take care of that asshole." I told them as they all nodded, I gave Clem a quick kiss on the cheek, and I followed Carl to end that fucker once and for all.
I was able to catch up with Carl as I read up behind him and tackled him to the ground. I don't solve take out his life as he tried to stay up while under me as I took the knife from his hand and stabbed him in the shoulder blade.
"You killed Abel you fucking son of a bitch." I said before he head-butted me with enough force to knock me off him. "We both stood up as he said, "So what? You'll be with him in a second." He said as he charged at me. I don't use the lights before and slit his throat before you do anything. "No, I'd say you would go see him. But he's up in heaven while you're going to hell." I told him as blood literally squirted everywhere out of his throat before he died and his lifeless body just laid there on the ground. I then saw Clem running up to me and stood there shocked at my actions. "I know what you're going to say, Clem. I shouldn't have killed him." I said before she put her finger on my lips to silence me. "Oh hell no! That dude tried to rape me so I'm glad he's dead. And I'm also glad you're OK." She said as I removed her finger as we kissed passionately in the rain like a cheesy movie. "God I fucking love you so much. Because you get me." I tell her as she just smiled and kissed me again.
We then looked over after removing each other's lips from our own to see Joan and one of the other guards driving away from the community. "Joan!!! Arvo!!! Get back here you fucking cowards. Gabe we got to go after them. We can't let them go through with the expansion." She said as I totally agreed with her. That was until I heard Rick yell out to me, "Gabe, I need your help. Some walkers are starting to get through." I knew right then and there that I only had a choice to make. I could either go with Clem to stop the expansion or I go with Rick to help fend off the walkers. Either way, I also knew that whatever I chose would have major consequences in the future.

Holy shit, I told you this would be a long ass chapter. But now it's up to you guys to make Gabe's choice for him.
• You could either have him go with Clem to stop Joan and Arvo from escaping while the rest of the group fend off the walkers.
• Or you could stay with Rick and the others to fight the walkers and have Clem go to stop Joan and Arvo alone.
If you vote for Clem, then leave your comment with #CLEM.
And if you vote for Rick, then leave your comment with #RICK.
Post your choice down in the comments and we will know by next chapter where the story will go from here.