Chapter 15 "By Your Side":

Clem's POV:
It's been a day since I left the group and I've been on the road to go find Negan and killed a fucking asshole. I really do miss Gabe and AJ though. They're the closest thing I have to a family at this moment. I mean sure there's also Marlon and Violet and Louis, but when it comes to family, I only think about my adopted son and my boyfriend. But if I really want them to be safe, then I half to kill him before he can take them away for me like I've lost so many people over the years. Like Sarah, Kenny, Carly, Duck, and especially... Lee. I can't let that happen to them. My heart can't take another kicking.
As I was walking through the forest, I heard noises of grunting and moaning in front of me. Walkers. There was about four maybe five of them. I took out my knife and started slashing at their heads and stabbing them. Nowadays walkers are extremely easy to take care of when they're on their own or in small numbers. It's all really only the herds you have to worry about. After I killed the walkers, I began to hear the noise of sticks literally breaking on the ground. I got my gun in ready position as I was sure it was either another walker or one of those Savior bastards. I turned around really fast and point my gun at whatever was coming my way. As soon as I turned around, I saw Gabe with his hands up saying, "Whoa whoa!! Baby, please put the gun down!"
I was both happy to see him and angry that he didn't listen to me. "Gabe, what the fuck are you doing here?!"I said with both fear and anger in my voice. "I'm coming with you Clem." The others volunteer to take AJ to the new campsite what we take out this Negan guy and the saviors together. You and me taking out a big community of assholes. Like we did with the new frontier years ago." He tried to explain. "Gabe, that was different. Back with the new frontier, they were just people with a gun and nothing else, they were easy to get rid of. Now we're taking an armored soldiers with a shit ton of guns lead by one messed up motherfucker with a baseball bat covered in Barbwire. This is not like the new frontier this is much worse." I argue back as he was starting to get a little tense and angry. "Can you think you can take on all that by yourself?! You're gonna need help and I can help you. Just let me help you goddamnit!!!" Gabe said starting to yell at me.
"Gabe, listen to me. I just need to do this alone OK?! You're not just some superhero who can come in and save the day whenever you fucking like it alright? I mean I love you and all, but if someth...." Started to keep arguing until he grabbed onto my shoulders tightly. "I CAN'T LOSE YOU AGAIN!!!!" He screamed out as I went from anger to sadness in shock. What he just said both broke my heart and melted at the same time. If that makes any fucking sense. "I can't... I can't lose you again. I'm not strong enough... to lose you again." Gabe said as he started to cry. I pulled him into a hug as my hand and head lied on his chest. "And I can't lose you Gabe. That's why I need to do this alone. So you and AJ can be safe." I told him starting to cry myself. "But if you were gone, there's no point in me going on living anymore. Just let me help you and we can both be around to take care of AJ." He told me as I was now convinced. "OK, fine. Let's do this together. Let's take down the fucking bastard." I said with a hint of attitude in my voice. " Thank you Clementine. Thank you." He said as we once again leaned our faces in as we kissed passionately.
Gabe's POV:
"Oh my fucking God! Are you to done?" We heard a voice say as we broke the kiss and looked towards the voice to see Violet. "You guys look like two seals fighting over a grape." She joked. Clementine looked directly at me while raising an eyebrow. "Hey don't look at me. I didn't invite her along." I told her. "No, I'm going because I need justice for what he did to Ten. He was a sweet little boy who deserved a lot more life. But the fucker took that life away from him. So we're going along with you whether you like it or not." Violet vented. "Wait a minute wait a minute. What do you mean "we"?!?" We both asked simultaneously. And all of a sudden from out of the woods, we saw Louis appear. "I'm coming along too. Marlon's already taking AJ to the new camp so it looks like it's just us for going to take out a monster. A real monster." Louis said as Clem sighed in submission. "Fine, let's fucking go already, Suicide squad." Clem jokes as we then all walked together back in the trail. I then began to feel Clementine move closer to me as I wrap my arm around her. "Thanks for having my back, Gabe. I love you." She said as she planned it a kiss on my cheek. "Anytime, baby. I will always be on your side." I responded as the four of us were now on our way to settle the score with Negan.