Chapter 11 "The Ride Back":

Clem's POV:
The way back to the boarding school, I still can't get the thought of that kiss out of my head. I mean it is the moment I've been waiting for years to have. Even though Gabe was driving, he still kept one of his hands holding mine. "I can't believe we went all this time having these feelings for each other and neither of us realized that the other felt the same." I said as we both let out a little giggle from the irony. "Yeah I know right? All this time I thought that if I told you that I loved you, you would blow my head off or something." Gabe says I giggled again. "And I thought if I told you, it would be like super awkward and you we would stop being friends at least." I told him as he held my hand a little tighter. Not enough to hurt, but just enough to notice. "Well at least we both know it now. And that we truly love each other." Gabe said. "Yeah, I do love you dork." I said is he raise my hand a little bit to kiss it like I was a princess. "And I love you too, Clementine." He said back as I got a warm feeling in my body. It was like nothing I've ever felt before.
We were about a minute away from the boarding school when Gabe told me, "Boy, it's going to really suck to tell Louis that you're dating someone other than him. It's going to break his fucking heart." "Yeah I know. I mean he's a great guy and all, but I didn't feel the same way back. And ever since, he's been acting more out-of-control than Marlon ever has." I said back. "I'm just afraid that if we tell him that we're boyfriend and girlfriend, He'll take a steak knife and try to stab my eye out or something." He said as I let out yet another little giggle and placed my opposite hand on his shoulder. "I wouldn't let that happen, Gabe." I assured him as he cracked a smile. "Yeah, I know you wouldn't. And I won't let anyone hurt you for as long as I live." He said back to me.
As we were talking about Louis, I also began to think about the other people at the boarding schools, most notably AJ. If this thing between me and Gabe will work, he would have to be more than just my boyfriend. He would have to be a father figure to AJ. "Um, Gabe? Can I ask you something?" I asked. "Well I mean you're technically already asking me a question. But sure go ahead." He joked as I scuffed and lately punched him in the shoulder. "Come on dork, I'm being serious." I said with a chuckle in my voice. "OK OK. What do you want to ask me?" He asked. "Now that we are officially a couple now, I was wondering would you... Would you be a father figure to AJ? I mean although I'm not his real mother, he sees me as his mother. And if we're really a thing, I need to know if you can be a father to him like I am a mother to him." I asked does Gabe then looked at me and was sincere eyes.
He then pulled over for a second and held both of my hands in his. " Clementine, I'd be more than happy to be a father figure to AJ. He seems like a really awesome kid and I always thought it would be fun to take care of a kid. But just keep in mind that I have literally no experience about how to raise a kid. And I'm also a complete fuck up." He said as I cupped his cheek with my hand. "Gabe, do you really think I know how to be mom? I make up the shit I do half the time. So I'm a fuck up too. But I don't care as long as you try your hardest to take care of him, protect him, and love him as if he was your real son." I told him as he grinned and put the piece of hair behind my ear. "I promise you Clem, I'll be a better father and lover than my own father ever was."He said as a burst of happiness flowed through my body. "That's all I needed to hear, Gabe." I playfully whispered as I was grinning now too. We then both leaned in and shared yet another sweet and tender kiss. "OK we better get back before the muertos show up." Gabe said after we broke the kiss as I nodded. He then started up the car again as we were just a minute away from being home and telling everyone the big news.