Chapter 43 "Birth":

(TIME SKIP: ONE MONTH LATER):
Gabe's POV:
Clem and I were cuddled up asleep in bed together as she could give birth to the baby any day now. I'm still kind of freaking out about being an actual dad. But seeing as how I've already been a father figure to AJ's for about a year now, maybe I shouldn't be as terrified as I am. That night I had a dream about Clem, AJ, me, and her upcoming child. In my dream, we had a daughter. I don't think I heard what we named her. It was an amazing dream of Clementine and I taking care of the kids in a world without muertos. The whole world was back to normal. Back to the way it was before the world went to hell. That's all I really want; A safe world to raise our kids in. If only that was possible. But until that day hopefully comes, I still have this dream.
But I suddenly woke up to the sound of Clementine screaming in pain from the bathroom. I quickly got out of bed and ran to where she was. "Baby, are you OK?!" I asked her as she was freaking out. "Gabe, what... what's happening to me?!" She asked me still freaking out as I saw a water-like substance drip from her "womanhood". "I woke up like this! I don't know what this is?!" She then asked is I knew exactly was it was as I begin to freak out too. "Holy shit, Clem!! Your water broke!" I told her as she was only getting more confused. "What the flying fuck does that mean?!" She asked getting more scared. "It means you're going to have the baby like right now!" I told her as she only panicked more. "Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! What are we going to do?!" She asked. "I need to get you to Eleanor and Dr. Kirkman immediately." I said as AJ ran to our room. "Mommy, Why are you screaming?!" He said sounding scared. "Mom is going to have the baby now. We need to get her to Eleanor and Dr. Kirkman. We need to go now!" I told him as his eyes went wide and I picked Clem up bridal style after we both got dressed. We then left the house to go find Eleanor.
We rushed over to Eleanor's house and loudly knocked on the door so she would wake up and putting Clem down. I "She then opened the door looking exhausted as shit. "Gabe?! What the hell are you doing here? It's 3:00 in the morning." She asked. "Clem's water broke and she needs medical attention. Stat." I told her as I looked over at Clem who is holding her baby bump and breathing heavily. "Oh shit!! Ok ok, just let me get dressed and get Dr. Kirkman and we'll meet you down there." She said as I nodded and picked Clem back up and left with AJ to get to the medical center. We got her to the medical room where she put on a medical gown and lied on the hospital bed still breathing heavily and holding her stomach while AJ sat in one of the chairs. It was then that Eleanor and Dr. Kirkman came into the room where in medical clothing. "OK Clem, let's check your contractions." Dr. Kirkman said as he applied his rubber gloves. I was freaking out so hard but not as hard as I could tell Clem was. I hope for is for her to be safe and our baby to be safe as well. I can't lose either of them.
"Ok, Clem. Your contractions are literally minutes apart. So I'm gonna need you to start pushing." Eleanor said as she was now in her ready position to deliver the baby. "Gabe, I need you to hold Clem's hand while she pushes." She told me as I grabbed Clem's hand. "Gabe, I'm scared." I heard Clem say with a nervous tone. "It's OK Clem. You're going to be all right. And we're going to meet her baby." I told her as we both smiled and nodded at each other. "OK Clem, are you ready to push?" Eleanor asked as Clem nodded to her and said, "Yeah. Let's fucking do this." "OK Clem here we go. One... Two... Three. Push!" Eleanor counted down as a Clem then began to push and screamed in agony while doing so. "OK Clem again. One... Two... Three. Push!" Eleanor repeated as Clem pushed again and screamed even more in pain while squeezing my hand tightly. "I... I can't do this." Clem said as I took her hand and both of mine and said, "Yes you can, baby. You're stronger than anyone I know. You can do anything." I then kissed the top of her head. "OK Clem. Let's do this again. One... Two... Three. Push!" Eleanor said again as a Clem pushed even harder this time and screamed even louder. Thank God these rooms are soundproof.
"That's good Clem. I see the head. Just one more good push outta to do it." She said as Clem nodded. "OK, one more time. One... Two... Three. Push!" Eleanor said one last time as clam push super hard and screamed a little more in agonizing pain. All of a sudden, Clem passed out as I heard the screaming cries of a baby as Eleanor had our blood covered child in her arms after cutting its umbilical cord. "Clem!! Is... Is she...." I asked Eleanor as she handed the baby to Dr. Kirkman and checked Clem's pulse. "Yeah yeah, she's fine. She just passed out from shock is off." Eleanor answer me as I sighed with relief. "Congratulations you too, it's a girl." Dr. Kirkman told me as I didn't realize my dream had come true when it came to having a daughter. "We'll have your baby girl cleaned up and then you can see her." Eleanor said as she took the baby from Dr. Kirkman and left the room with it. Dr. Kirkman and then walked over to clam and began to stitch her up. "You too should wait outside until she is stitched up completely. That's one benefit of her passing out. She doesn't have to feel any more pain at the moment." Dr. Kirkman told us as I nodded and took AJ out of the room and sat him down on the bench outside the door. Now we just have to wait for me in Clem's baby to be cleaned up and for clam to wake up from her shock. I'm just glad that both of my girls are OK.