Chapter 23 "Sabotage":

(TIME SKIP: 2 MONTHS LATER)
Gabe's POV:
It had been two months since Clem and I had sex as things have been goin even better between the two of us. So much better to the fact that I'm thinking about proposing to her. I know it sounds like a weird thing to get married in an apocalypse, but they do allow weddings here in Alexandria and as soon as I learned that, I knew what that Clem and I were ready to take the next step. But ever since that night, Carl has been giving me the death glare every time I pass him in the community. I have been trying to distance myself away from him as much as possible as to avoid any conflict we may have. As I was walking back to my house after helping Drake and Marlon with the walls, I saw Kate and Rick walk right up in front of me.
"Hey Gabe, we need to ask you for a favor?" Kate asked as I just nodded my head and said, "Well what is it?" "Well we are running low on food and supplies and were wondering if you could assist Carl in finding more stuff." Rick then added as my heart sunk after I heard I would be going with Carl. But I'm such a nice guy that I was going to go anyways. "Ok fine. I'll go." I told them as Kate sighed in relief and gave me a big hug. "Thank you, Gabe. Thank you." She whispered in my ear as we then broke the high and I got ready to go on the supply run with... Carl.
A few hours went by as Carl was already in the car as I was walking toward it myself. That was until I heard a voice yell out to me, "Gabe, Wait!!!" I turned around to see Clem and AJ running up to me and giving me a nice big family hug. "Don't go, Dad. Please?" I heard AJ say. "I have to buddy. I need to make sure we have enough food, water, and supplies for us all to survive." I told him as they both let me go a little. "Just... Be safe please?" Clem sad sounding worried that I was going with Carl. "Don't worry baby, I'm gonna be fine." I assured her as I saw her wipe a tear from her eye. "OK. And when you get home, maybe we can do that thing again." Clem said as she didn't want to say sex in front of AJ. "Oh you bet we will, baby." I flirted as we shared a quick kiss before I got in the car with Carl. We then drove off with Clem and AJ waving to me as I went back to them before leaving the community to go get supplies.
We have been out here for hours as Carl and I have gathered up a lot of Dodd and supplies from an old department store. "Hey Gabe, can I ask you something?" Carl asked as I was surprised he was even talking to me. "Yeah sure, I guess." I answered awkwardly. "What's the deal with Clementine anyway? I mean how have you two been?" He asked. "Oh me and Clementine are great. We are so in love with each other it's crazy." I answered him has he gave me a look of disappointment and anger for some reason. "Oh really?" He said sarcastically. "Yeah we also just had sex recently." I answered him as his face of disappointment and anger grow even larger. "Oh... Cool I guess." He said sarcastically again. "Yeah, she's the best girlfriend in the world. I'm even thinking about asking her to marry me as soon as I get back to Alexandria." I told him as I was focusing on the supplies now instead of him. "Well too bad you're not going back." He said all confident as I got confused by his statement. "What the hell do you...." I said before I looked back and saw him swing a brick at my head as I hit the ground and everything went cold and dark. "She's mine now, Dickweed." was the last thing I heard him say before completely blacking out.
Clem's POV:
It has been a few hours since Carl and Gabe left as I was really missing my boyfriend and AJ was missing his dad. But our faces lifted as we saw Carl's truck pull back into Alexandria. We ran towards the car and saw Carl walking out with a sad look on his face. Then I also noticed something, Gabe wasn't with him. "Carl where... Where is Gabe?!" I asked him as his head hung and face went cold. "I'm sorry Clementine. We were attacked by a herd of walkers and Gabe... He didn't make it." He said as the news made me and AJ begin to cry. "No. No! No, he can't be dead. He ca... he can't be!" I said breaking down. "I'm sorry Clem and AJ, but... He really is gone." He said is I then ran away in distress to go cry in my room at the news that my boyfriend, the love of my life is now... Gone. Like everyone else I have ever loved in this world. "God why am I such a fucking curse?!" I thought as I cried myself to sleep that night.