Chapter 40 "Preparations":

(TIME SKIP: THREE WEEKS LATER):
Gabe's POV:
After weeks of planning, it's finally the day that I make Clementine my wife. Ever since I met her in the junkyard, I've dreamed of this moment but never thought it would happen since we are in an apocalypse. But now it looks like that dream has finally come true. It was a tough choice to make, but I made Marlon my best man with AJ and Kenny being my other groomsman. Clem was over at Kate's house getting ready while I was at our house doing the same. Kate was awesome enough to find Clem and I an old tuxedo and an old wedding dress on her last supply run in which we were grateful for. I was honestly both excited and nervous about what Clem and I were about to do, but I was more excited than I was scared. I love Clem and I am honored for her to be my wife and for me to be her husband.
"So how do I look?" I said as I came out of my room dressed in the tux Kate found me. "Looking good, bro!" Marlon said to me. "You look great, Dad." AJ said as that me feel good. "I have to say, Gabriel, you do look good." Kenny said as I was surprised at his positive words. "Hold up, did you just compliment me, Kenny?" I said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah. Don't get your fucking panties in a twist." He joked as I giggled a little. "Listen Gabe, there is something I have to say to you." Kenny said as he looked pretty sincere. "Uh sure, Kenny. What's up?" I asked him as he got up and put a hand on my shoulder. "You know that I think of Clem as like a daughter to me, right?" He asked as I nodded my head. "And you know that I didn't like you very much when we first met and when I found out that you and Clem were together and you got her fucking pregnant, I hated you even more, don't you?" He asked again as I felt awkward. "Yeah, what's your point?" I asked him.
"I hated you so much until I realized how happy you make Clem. Whenever she's around you, she is insanely happy. I haven't seen her this happy since she was with Lee." Kenny said as I stared feeling better. "Well to be honest, you haven't seen her that much before we found you, have you?" I joked as Kenny looked at me and said, "Kid, don't ruin the goddamn moment, OK?" "Yes sir." I answered him. "Anyways, watching how she acts around you made me actually like you. So I'm sorry for being a bit of an asshole to you." Kenny apologized. "Kenny you don't have to apologize to me. I understand that you were just looking out for Clem and AJ and it's completely understandable." I told him as he then began to smile. "Thanks Gabe. Or should I say son-in-law." He said as I smiled back. "OK guys, half an hour until the wedding. We got to get going." Marlon said as Kenny and I nodded as we left to go to the old church so Clem and I could get married.
Clem's POV:
In just a half an hour, I will officially become Clementine Garcia and I couldn't be more excited about it. Specially since Kate decided to execute Becca for her actions. She would've let her get away with just parole until Becca threatened her life with a knife unless she was given Gabe. She then got the jump on Becca and hung her in front of the whole community. I knew I should feel so sad about it, for some reason I just don't. She deserved what she got. Speaking of which, god bless Kate for finding me this beautiful wedding dress and her last supply run about a week ago. Luckily for me, it wasn't too tight as to hurt my baby bump. But I did have to squeeze my breasts into it which was a little uncomfortable not gonna lie. It is by far the nicest cyst piece of clothing I've worn in the last 10 years. I had chosen Kate to be my maid of honor with Violet and Eleanor being my other bridesmaids.
"Come on Clem! Is it on yet? We don't have all fucking day!" I heard Violet yell out. "Yeah, just a minute!" I yelled back as I had just gotten the top of my dress over my swelled nipples. I still couldn't believe I was getting married in this terrible fucking world to such an amazing man like Gabe. After the world went to shit, I never thought I would find true love until I met my dorky knight in shining armor. God I'm just so happy to have him in my life and can't wait for us to be husband and wife. I came out of Kate's room with the dress on as all the girls started staring at me with smiles on all of their faces. "Awww Clem, you like beautiful!" Eleanor said as I felt joy in my body. "Thank you. It looks great thank you Kate." I said thanking her. "It's no problem, Clementine. I would do anything for my soon to be daughter-in-law." Kate said as gave each other a hug. "Thanks again, soon to be mother-in-law." I told her as I felt a tear of joy hit my bare shoulder. "Guys, we have to get to the wedding now." Violet interrupted our moment as we looked at her nodded and left the house to get to the church. As we walked to the church and I held up my dress so that I didn't drag on the ground, only one thought raced through my head, "Here we go. Time for me to find true happiness."